Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Obligatory 100

I've never done one of these, but have noticed it's somewhat of a blog orientation , so here goes.

A list of 100 things I've been doing this week when I should have been blogging:
In random order...

1. Listening to my Barenaked Ladies' Christmas CD.

2. Trying my hardest to make my house look like the inside of a snow globe.

3. Wishing KYIS 98.9 would play non-stop Christmas music on the radio like last year.

4. Wishing Delilah on Magic 104.1 would get a life. And a better Christmas play-list.

5. Obsessing over a way to get to see Trans Siberian Orchestra in concert w/out spending $120.

6. Falling in love with the NONFAT Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks.

7. Discovering the NONFAT Peppermint Mocha at Starbucks has 2 grams of fat.

8. Tasting the NONFAT Eggnog Latte at Starbucks.

9. Discovering the NONFAT Eggnog Latte at Starbucks has 15! grams of fat. Hmmm...

10. Considering becoming Jewish just so I could make a dreidel out of clay.

11.Realizing that all of my Church of Christ friends already think I'm going to hell for being Catholic.

12.Considering becoming Church of Christ.

13.Realizing that being Catholic is way more fun. We have wine IN church, people!

14.Considering that some of my Church of Christ readers may be offended by what I just typed.

15.Realizing that the Church of Christ readers that know the inside joke behind this comment would think it was funny.

16. Considering that I should move on from this topic.

17. Determining that one Thanksgiving dinner doesn't ruin your Weight Watcher goals.

18. Determining that 3 Thanksgiving dinners and 2 birthday celebrations in one week DOES!

19. Making green bean casserole, twice in two days.

20. Making WW pumpkin cheesecake fluff.

21. Wishing WW pumpkin cheesecake fluff tasted more like pumpkin cheesecake.

22. Getting excited over my birthday gifts.

23. Getting excited over my gifts even though I knew what they were in advance.

24. Gaining a new respect for my husband's party planning.

25. Gaining a big head thinking that I had the biggest influence on that.

26. Learning more about myself from Nathan's party game.

27. Learning more about what my family thinks of me from Nathan's party game.

28. Spending most of my birthday party looking at Black Friday ads.

29. Convincing my husband that Black Friday shopping will be fun.

30. Going to bed convinced I would go shopping alone.

31. Being shocked when I had a shopping buddy in the car with me.

32. Being shocked I made it to Kohl's at 3:30 in the morning.

33. Wishing I hadn't left my coat at my brother's house the day before.

34. Being the first to check out at Kohl's on Black Friday.

35. Hoping these people will think their gift was worth the above 3 items.

36. Not being the first to check out at JC Penny's on Black Friday.

37. Hoping my nephew will appreciate his telescope from the above item.

38. Standing in line at 4:45 a.m. for Toy's R Us to open.

39. Wishing AGAIN I hadn't left my coat at my brother's the day before.

40. Racing through cart-pushing slow pokes to get an ultra-cool Hot Wheels Radar Gun for my nephew.

41. Laughing that others started to grab the same radar gun only after they saw me get it.

42. Laughing harder that Nathan was upset that I didn't buy one for him.

43. Not laughing when I raced to an empty pallet of DVD players at WalMart at 5:20 a.m.

44. Rejoicing upon noticing a DVD player abandoned on the Battery Center at WalMart.

45. Containing my excitement and desire to call my sister at 5:25 in the morning to tell her that I did the above 2 just for her.

46. Drove past a Starbucks to be one of the first in line for Home Depot's opening on Black Friday.

47. Staying in my car until I saw someone approaching Home Depot's door.

48. Saw someone heading to H.D.'s front door.

49. Grabbed my purse and raced to H.D's door.

50. Realized that it was an associate not a shopper.

51. Stood in line anyway.

52. Handed Nathan his box at Home Depot and exclaimed, "Merry Christmas!"

53. Headed to Jimmy's Egg and waited for it to open.

54. Headed to the tile store.

55. Got disappointed that I didn't have to wait in line.

56. Went home to take a 3 hour nap.

57-78: I'm taking the liberty to skip these because I just wasted the past 45 minutes in which I could have completed these numbers arguing with my husband on the topic of requiring interviews for African American coaches in college football. I'll save both of our opinions for another post another day.

79. Preserving and admiring my cake made of flowers that my husband brought to my work for my birthday three days ago.

80. Realizing that sushi restaurants aren't open on Sundays, even if it is your birthday.

81. Skipping a chance at a new restaurant for a "sure thing" at a favorite.

82. Getting excited about buying pants that actually aren't falling off of me.

83. Cleaning out my purse.

84. Trying to arrange the entire bathroom cabinet of stuff in my old purse into my new purse.

85. Scrolling up through this post to see if I had already mentioned the purse.

86. Wishing the batteries in my digital camera were juiced so I could take a picture of my new purse.

87. Getting a new mixer with...wait for it...ejectable blades!! from the girls at work.

88. Using it the next night to make a "questionable" cake for a friend.

89. Actually jogging 4.0 miles per hour on the treadmill for an ENTIRE song.

90. Subsequently having to pull the plug on the treadmill before dying.

91. Purchasing my Christmas cards to mail out.

92. Wishing I could pay someone to write our Christmas newsletter to go in them.

93. Budgeting half my pay check to cover the cost to actually mail them.

94. Contemplating what I want to ask "Santa" for for Christmas.

95. Snarfing at the $60 limit that "Santa" put on my request.

96. Snarfing at the countertop shop that won't tell me when I get new countertops.

97. Day-dreaming about wiping down my new countertops.

98. Not day-dreaming about using all of my certification bonus from work to pay for the countertops.

99. Hoping that I will be a better blogger in the upcoming weeks.

100. Hoping that the time I spent on this blog will suffice my readers and prove that I really have been busy the past week.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Totally worth it. And though I don't think you're going to hell, I may think you're a racist depending on your opinion about African-American coaches in football....just kidding!

But I am looking forward to that post. Also, "questionable" cakes sounds tasty...

Charly said...

I don't think I could've thought of 100 things. I lead a pretty boring life. Happy Belated Birthday!

not so zen momma said...

I did the same "jogging through one song" thing on the treadmill, it was torture!