Tuesday, November 13, 2007

NaNoBloWhatever

I know. I failed you. I failed myself too. I tried. I really did. But, I've been busy. I've been playing host for nearly 6 days and I'm pooped. I had a great time though. It was a much needed break from the everyday. My brother-in-law, Brandon visited us from Maine and the days and nights were filled with lots of to-do's and eating. Good god! The eating! I'm so sick of eating.


The upside: I haven't cooked one meal since last Wednesday. That part was awesome. The downside: I haven't cooked one meal since last Wednesday. That means I've eaten out every meal for a week. Not exactly a Weight Watcher's shining moment. I stuck to my guns, though, and have managed to stay within acceptable scale fluctuation for being "on vacation" at home. Now my husband on the other hand, I'm pretty sure he could skip a couple six meals or so to recoup.

I decided instead of chronicling (is that a word?) all that we've done the past few days, it would be much more comical to see all that Nathan and Brandon conquered in the amazing culinary world of OKC. I would note what I ate at all these places, but listing grilled chicken and salad gets pretty boring after the first three meals.


Saturday: Pop from Pops in Arcadia, Johnnie's Charbroil, Papa Murphy's, (chips, cookies)

Sunday: Sonic, (Super Chunky Choc. hip cookie dough ice cream and popcorn), Shoguns, Starbucks

Monday: (waffles, bacon), Louie's, (veggies and dip, crackers and cheese, cookies), Old Chicago
(revisit the ice cream)

Tuesday: City Bites,(wine tasting with cheesecake Hershey Kisses),Cheesecake Factory,
(left-over Old Chicago)

Wednesday:Krispy Kreme before the plane ride home.


THAT! people, is what you call a vacation!! Luckily, I managed to have some sort of motivation to workout everyday on that list. AND! I managed to subside the urge for cheesecake with a very large cup of decaf. You can pull a Tiger Woods and pump your fist in the air if you want. I did. You can also send gifts. I like gifts.

I'm sorry I didn't keep my end of the bargain to blog everyday. But, hopefully, the extra blogging in the next couple of days will allow you to forgive me. So all the guilt-fest comments and phone calls may cease. I'm busy living my life over here!

2 comments:

Charly said...

Welcome Back. :)

GETTOUT said...

I LOVES to eat! I'm sorry that I was such a bad influence on you. If it makes you feel better, my personal trainer punished me today at the gym for the tater tots and Double Deckeroni. (By the way, I had more tots at the airport while I waited for my plane). As my face turned purple, my trainer asked me if there was anything else I wanted to tell him about what I ate. I told him "Cheesecake Factory . . . but I had a salad . . with bleu cheese!" It wasn't pretty.