Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas Update #1 (and quite possibly the only)

Mission Accomplished: Ding Dong The Grinch Is Dead!!

I am super-stoked that I convinced Nathan that we absolutely HAVE to start decorating for Christmas this coming weekend. I am so ready this year. I can't wait to get all my cute color coordinated stuff from last year out.

My theory: Starbucks is decorated for Christmas, so I should be too. I should do everything Starbucks does. I should live in a Starbucks and then Britney Spears (I think that makes 6, Jess) would come over and she and I could chat about how I am so proud that she has turned so much into a complete nutcase that even my husband who obsessed over her many years ago can't even tolerate her. I figure the more I can cross off of "his list" the better.


Anyway, I can't wait to put up my Christmas tree. I can't wait to go shopping to put stuff under the tree. I can't wait to place cayenne pepper around the edges in attempt to keep my sweet Enid out of the tree. I've already purchased my first Christmas gift to be wrapped (lovingly by my freakishly perfect wrapping husband) to go under the tree first thing. One guess as to who it's for. He's small, smells like fresh laundry, and his name rhymes with "tan." Anyone who guesses incorrectly gets to come over and help Nathan put lights on the roof.

5 comments:

GETTOUT said...

I'm glad that you followed MY idea and decided to decorate ASAP. It was so hard to convince you that Christmas should NOT be delayed for whatever reason.

Nathan said...

Yes, I am now stoked about putting lights up this weekend, too. This weekend: highs in the 70's. Next weekend: highs in the 40's.

John said...

I'll help you if you help me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Charly said...

I'm want so badly to decorate, but I don't think Brady would go for it. He even wants me to wait until DEC. 1! Have you ever heard of such a thing?!?

Jessica said...

We already have our tree up...as of Monday this week!