Sunday, December 2, 2007

To Cheer or Not to Cheer?

THAT is the question!


VS

There are not many people that I severely dislike in this world. But if you were to ask me, there is one in particular that will always come to mind, Peyton freakin' Manning! I REALLY do not like that guy. Yeah, yeah, I'm sure his a nice guy. And yes he's featured in somewhat entertaining commercials. But, he really, really irritates me.


The Indianapolis Colts have always been the nemesis for my beloved Tennessee Titans; at least as long as I have been a fan. Sharing a division with the reigning Super Bowl Champions is not very fun. They always find a way to win.


Noon today marked a time that I've been dreading. The time in which I would be forced to cheer for the enemy in hopes of a loss for another wild card hopeful in the AFC South. The Titans needed the Colts to win today in order for the Jacksonville Jaguars' chance at OUR! wild card slot to be hampered. And as presumed, Peyton Manning and his entourage came through.


So the question comes to mind. Is it okay to cheer for the enemy if THEIR winning increases YOUR chances?
Is it okay to cheer for Manning? Or in the case for OU, is it okay to cheer for Texas for better scores in the BCS standings? I'd like to hear your opinions on the subject. I know you have them, so share.


And to make absolutely clear to all of my readers; this in no way hints that I am a Manning supporter. I never have been and NEVER will be. I will continue to roll my eyes at his commercials and I will continue to gag and rant at the mention of this guy's fantasy football star. These things will never change.


So I hope you saved the receipt for the Manning baby onesie, Jessica. Because in MY house, we cheer for the Titans. And ONLY the Titans!

3 comments:

John said...

Peyton Manning is your DADDY!!!!!!!!!

Audrey said...

Hey, Audrey here, friends of Jess and John...... Where's AT? I've been missing him and he is gone from koco.com. I am so sad.... I thought you two being friends and all might know where he is..... :(

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the inquiry. Any friend of Jess is a friend of mine. Over half of my readers come from her anyway.

I really wouldn't use "friend" to define my relationship with AT. "Secret Lovers" may be more appropriate. I seriously have that cell phone commercial going through my head. You know the one?

Anyway, I'm writing a blog post just for you! And others interested too.