Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Saints in Action...

Do you think you can gain a false sense of security simply from a commercial? Well, I hope not, because this commercial is the only thing that has gotten me through the fear of going under the knife tomorrow. Oh, how I dramatize. I'm actually going under the tube.

At Noon on Thursday, I'm going to have my gall bladder and all its little stoned buddies sucked out of my stomach through a tube. Graphic huh! There's just something calming about the thought of my latex-gloved surgeon praying over my drugged body right before he goes to work. I'm definitely more confident in the praying surgeons than the hallway of dancing nurses in the other commercial. Hopefully, they will stay in the other wing of the hospital as long as I am there. Doo, doo, doo ,doo, doo, ta du, du - DO you mind?! I'm trying to recover here!!

Wish me luck. If for some reason I don't make it, the first person to comment on this post can have all of my valuables. I know a lot of you will be lined up for my collection of unmatched socks and 52 bottles of half-used hairspray. And don't worry, I'll try to resist the urge to post pics of my battle scars once it's all done.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Sweet!!! I'm the first. I can get your bedroom suite and comforter, right?

Just kidding!! You'll do great and soon I will make you a cake. Thinking of you!!

Charly said...

Ahhh...the gall bladder is a mean evil little organ or whatever it is considered. You will feel so much better afterwards, trust me! Plus, they will give you some good meds for afterwards. Take care!

Emily said...

We were totally at the same hospital. We should have gotten together. We could have had a medicine swap.

Michelle said...

Just came across you blog...I live in Edmond, I think thats how I found you. Anyways, hope you are recovering well after the surgery. I had mine removed last Feb. after a week I was back to normal. I do have to watch what I eat....pizza doesn't agree w/ me :(

I will keep reading your blog, it's too funny!

Many Blessings,
Michelle