Monday, August 13, 2007

Move Over Maggie Carlo...There's a New Girl in Town!


First of all let me get this out of the way: OH - MY - GOSH!!!!!!!!!

Monday, August 13th will now go down in my book as one of the all time best nights EVER. I would do dishes every single night if I knew that when I started to clean off the counters, the phone would ring and it would be one of the top five hunks on my list of men that Nathan would have to allow me to run away with without any hard feelings. I never do dishes unless he's out of town, but I may have to start!


The phone rings and the voice on the other line knows my name and asks how I'm doing. I answer politely, "fine"; and get ready for a big long spill about how I've been chosen to receive a discount coupon for a Kraft-Matic Adjustable Bed (I've received the same call every night last week). Instead, I get the wonderful surprise of talking to the number three guy on my list; only to be topped by Tim McGraw and Will Smith. Not too shabby in my opinion. Aaron Tuttle from Eyewitness News 5 is on the other line and talking to me like it's no big deal. I can assure you, it was a VERY big deal. Did I mention that I was talking to AT. Okay, just thought I made need to emphasize that one more time.

So I'm talking on the phone to AARON TUTTLE!!! and thank goodness he keeps the conversation going because at this point I'm pacing the living room and looking out my window to make sure my house is not being surrounded by people about to jump out and say Gothcha!

He mentions that he thought it would be good to call since I was home for a few days while my husband was out of town. Oh yeah, I have a husband. Hmmph. Then we talk about my job and Nate's job. And we talk about how Nathan loves weather. Then I reply with "yeah he's kind of a nerd" and then I quickly realize I just called my husband a weather-nerd to OKC's hottest meteorologist. Smooth, Elizabeth, real smooth.

Then Aaron talks about his wife and how long they've been married and blah blah blah, let's talk a little less about her and a little more about You and Me! hehe... He mentions that he heard about Nathan's Weekly Weather Quizzes and I convince him that he and Rick will have to post a comment on at least one. Although, I wouldn't want my real husband to get too jealous since Aaron and I are definitely on close terms now.

It was the most star-struck and fabulous 7 minutes of my life. I can't even believe it. My friend, Jessica, who knows all the right people, set the whole thing up. She even kept it quiet for three whole weeks. I know for a fact I've mentioned Aaron on at least two occasions since she set it up and she never peeped a word. The girl is a vault. AND my new best friend!

After a good four minutes of jumping around in pure elation, I manage to give her a call and thank her. "Oh but there's more," she says. The she's on my front porch and I open the door and she's there with two pictures of my new boyfriend, err I mean Aaron, signed for both me and what was his name?? Oh yeah, Nathan. I posted my pic below. In case you couldn't read the love message, I typed it out for you.

I can see that this was just a start to a beautiful relationship. And hey, maybe it will make our Weekly Weather Quizzes a little more exciting with some real experts chiming in. You can also check out AT's blog here and his bio here. To see him in all his weather-cuteness just tune into Channel 5. If Nathan and I get the chance of a lifetime to actually go storm chasing, I'm pretty sure Aaron will be the ONLY one on my list...for the rest of my life!

(Dear Liz, Thanks for putting me on the list! Aaron Tuttle)
No prob Aaron...You'll remain on my Advantage Doppler HD for a long, long time!

Gary England WHO?!?!





3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, Lord, my stomach muscles hurt from laughing so hard last night! This was one of those gifts that was truly so much better to give than to receive. I waited all day for it to happen....your reaction made it perfect!

The List is very important part of a good relationship, and I'm happy to make sure Nathan realizes that it IS a possibility. I wouldn't want a Ross-and-Isabella-Rosellini thing to happen to you! ;)

not so zen momma said...

We all must give mad props to Jessica. She is a mastermind!

Aaron Tuttle said...

Hey all, it was wayyyy fun calling Liz. Jessica is a mastermind and I took great pleasure seeing her evil plan through. I will have to blog here again but it's going to have to wait as I'm out of town on a business trip. Let's just say it has something to do with Advantage Doppler HD. =)