Monday, August 27, 2007

Caught between a porcupine and a very hungry goat!

Have you ever wondered if anything good can come from those MySpace spam messages that pop up from time to time? The answer is yes! I won't go into the long story of how I know, err should I say my husband knows, but those scammy memos can bring something positive to your life AND your ears.

Nathan and I have discovered a band that we kinda like and we think you all should check it out. They have some catchy beats and some interesting word-play much like our beloved Ladies...Barenaked ones that is. We downloaded the 18 song-cd and enjoyed it most of Saturday. Take a listen and let us know what you think. Maybe I can get my work-buddy from Salad Days Music to give me props on a good find. We'll see! One of my faves is #7: "It's Strange" Here are the beginning lines:
***********
Caught between a porcupine and a very hungry goat
Left out in a boggy marsh with a paper mache boat
That's the way I feel when I'm alone here with you
I know it seems strange but every word I say is true

No comments: