Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Nate 101

I thought I would give this a crack after seeing John's list of 100 things. I made an adjustment and cut down to 50 things. Here goes!


1) I love my current job more than any other job I have held. It isn't even close.

2) I shot 98 on the golf course last Saturday. I wasn't happy. Ask John & Derek.

3) Since I am unhappy with both political parties I am changing from my current registration of Republican to an Independent.

4) I can't believe that I now like sushi.

5) I can't believe that I now like Starbucks.

6) I will NEVER like Wal-Mart.

7) I can name more Weather Channel personalities than actors/actresses in Ocean's Thirteen.

8) Last winter we were supposed to have an ice storm that would knock out power for weeks and snap every tree in our neighborhood, but it didn't happen. I was disappointed.

9) Who doesn't love Liz?

10) My idea of vacation: Liz, road trip, mountains, secluded lodge, fireplace, no TV, no pollution......and beer.

11) Liz truly makes me a better person. Honestly.

12) I might have been a different person had I not met Derek in Middle School.

13) Brooke is funny, down-to-earth, an excellent mom, and I wish I could write as well as her.

14) John & Jessica are sincere and just downright good people. I'm happy we're now friends.

15) Adam and I are closer now than ever. I guess you do grow closer to your siblings as you age.

16) Brandon truly is the older brother I never had growing up. Our humor is so similar, it's scary.

17) Osama Bin Laden is........evil.

18) I should probably just delete my MySpace page. I don't want to bother with it anymore.

19) Liz and I might be going on vacation next year to Banff National Park in Canada.

20) Liz's smile makes me smile, and her laugh makes me laugh.

21) Most vivid memory with Liz(besides wedding): standing on the cliffs of Acadia National Park in Maine at sunset with mist & fog rolling in off the ocean and not another person in sight.

22) Most vivid memory with Derek: hitting another car at 40MPH and riding in an ambulance.

23) Stop asking me why I like BNL!

24) Here's the answer to 23.......incredible musicianship, clever wordplay, catchy beats, and the 100th time I hear a song I hear something new.

25) I have seen them 4 times.....in Dallas twice, in Stillwater, and Boston.....each concert has gotten better.

26) Worst concerts I've been to: Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rick Springfield.

27) Best concerts other than BNL: Third Eye Blind and Foo Fighters.

28) Worst habit: I crave fast food.

29) Another bad habit: I crave Dr. Pepper.

30) Hence, my last meal would be a Big Mac, fries (salty and crispy), and Dr. Pepper.

31) Something you might not know: Depression runs in my family.....it's nothing to be ashamed of and I haven't dealt with it yet but is something I have to be aware of.

32) If I could stay up until 2 every night and wake up at 10AM I would.

33) I am nervous about my first business trip next week. I'm going to Nashville.

34) My most comfortable social situation is in a conversation with a couple of other close friends.

35) I used to be very uncomfortable in large group settings, but have gotten a lot better, especially with practice in my recent jobs.

36) I can sometimes overthink things, but my new job is teaching me to go with my gut feelings in certain situations.

37) Liz would be fantastic as a party planner/coordinator.

38) I am definitely a cat person.

39) If I could go to one sporting event, it would be The Masters.

40) If I could only watch one sporting event on TV, it would be March Madness.

41) It literally hurt when I watched the Titans come up just feet short of winning the Super Bowl to the St. Louis Rams in 2000......see, I even remember the year.

42) I have never bowled a 300 but hope to someday. Closest I have come is 296.

43) I would say the sport I am worst at personally is basketball.

44) I hope that Liz and I have one boy and one girl.

45) We can only hope that they will be half as cute as Van.

46) Someday I will see a tornado up close and personal, hopefully when I am storm chasing and not when I am at the house.

47) My favorite season is tornado season.....I mean Spring.

48) My first job was a sacker at Albertson's. Now they are no longer around. Wow.

49) Liz's family is the coolest family I have met.......and the loudest.

50) I am happy that Liz and I are going to grow old together.......in age, not actions.

4 comments:

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

Sushi rocks, I am so glad you decided to try it and enjoyed it...and if anyone had any question about how much you love Elizabeth there is absolutely no questions after this blog entry. You guys are too cute. :)

Elizabeth said...

#21 You forgot that you were SUPPOSED to propose there too. Instead you made we wait three more years.

Elizabeth said...

#2 Wonder what I would have shot had I been invited...

Elizabeth said...

P.S. I love you too.