Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Zoned Out and Tuned In

I think I've had an out-of-body experience...for two weeks. I feel as though for the past two weeks I have been completely disconnected from the world around me. I've reached the point of complacency about everything. I don't care what we're having for dinner. I don't care that I haven't done laundry all week. I don't care that every pair of shoes I've worn for the past 4 days have piled up in my dining room. And I don't care that I don't care about having any intention of picking them up anytime soon.

I think a stressful and disappointing time at work combined with lots of other random thoughts going through my brain have finally taken their toll. I don't particularly like this feeling. I don't particularly like this post as I'm writing it. But, we all can't be happy-go-lucky all the time. So, I'm coming out of the closet now and letting you all know that this is me sometimes. This is me ... on bummed.

I have, however, been able to use this time of brain-fuzziness to catch up on some TV shows that I have missed. I would agree that multiple episodes of The Hills and My Super Sweet 16 are probably not the most positive content-filled viewing opportunities. But, I would agree that they do require NO brain power whatsoever to watch. Nothing like spoiled brats seeking stardom to provide a good coma-inducing evening to bide time until you can go to bed.

Geez, I sound really pathetic. This I know. But, considering my lack of blog participation this past week, I thought you may want to know what the heck is up in our little part of the world. Things will be better next week. I'll jump back to normal. I just hope my understanding husband will have keep his patience and know that I'll be better by Friday. Apparently, we "should do something REALLY fun." If it involves Starbucks and buying a FM transmitter for my Ipod, I'm pretty sure I can be lured back into "Liz normalcy."

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Um, so if you love "The Hills" all the time, does that mean you're bummed out all the time?

And what does it say about you if you never, ever care what you're having for dinner, or if the house is picked up? Does that mean you're zoned out?

'Cause that would be my life!

Sorry you're so bummed...things WILL get better and I am more than happy to participate in something "REALLY fun" to get you back to Liz-dom!

(NOT like that, you guys!)

not so zen momma said...

Love you Liz!