Sunday, August 12, 2007

My weekend with NO PLANS

Nathan and I have always had a Thursday evening ritual of running down the list of plans for our upcoming weekend. This past Thursday was no different...until about 8:30pm. I had asked if we had any plans, and we both agreed that nothing was on the schedule. Then the phone rings and my weekend with no plans begins to diminish with a series of about 8 other phone calls. Here's a glimpse into "what we've been up to" the past couple of days.

FRIDAY NIGHT:
We both meet my family at BJs for a nice dinner to celebrate Pam's bday after having run to pick up a last minute card and gift at the mall. Notice, I say we meet and not actually eat. We got seated relatively fast and I began ranting about my stressful!!! week at work. Then we start to order and in a flash I'm leaving the restaurant in tears over a misunderstanding about ordering for my mom. Sheesh! I felt so stupid, and stressed, and infuriated all at the same time.

I got to the car and decided I wasn't turning back. So, I left my confused husband at the restaurant with MY family and came home. Lovingly, he caught a ride and brought my untouched meal home. Unlovingly, he's now threatening to leave me behind the next time we go out to eat. Whatever you do, don't ask me or my mom what kind of dressing we want. You will be liable to having gift bags and management books thrown in your face. We're such a warm-hearted and drama-free family. HA!

SATURDAY MORNING:
I weighed in at Weight Watchers. 20 lbs gone so far. Woo-Hoo! I heart WW!
Hehe... then I went and ate pancakes! Nathan and I stopped by his parents' house for breakfast to celebrate his brother's bday. We talked a little politics and then we were off.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON:
I was tired from all that pancake eating so I took a nap while Nate watched golf. YAWN!! If you ever need a nap, find a channel with the PGA on it. That'll put you right into R.E.M.
After my nap, I made a WW friendly HungryGirl Oreo Pie to take to Brooke and Derek's for dinner.

SATURDAY NIGHT:
Derek scored a meat smoker for $1.25 from a client of his and we offered to be test dummies on his first batch of ribs. The ribs were tasty, but the real treat was the selection of side-items Brooke put out. We stuffed ourselves on salad, fried okra, Mexican cornbread and these lemon-pepper green beans that were AWESOME! Then Brooke and I started planning a wedding shower for a girl in our book club while the guys played with Derek's Wii .......... controllers! hehe ... What were you thinkin'?!! Then Brooke and I had "an incident" when putting Van-The-Man in his jammies and Nate and I were sent home.

and finally....SUNDAY:
I woke up and folded Nathan's clothes and packed them for his trip to Tennessee. I told him not to get too wild and crazy at the Internal Auditor's Conference. We all know those 10-key speed contests can get a little out of hand late at night.

I dropped him off at the airport and then went to Target to buy the ingredients to make those dang green beans. I'm telling you, they were THAT good.

I watched a couple of TV movies and then met some friends for sushi. I love my sushi buddies. Mainly, because we always follow sushi up with Starbucks. And what's there not to love about Starbucks. Seriously!

So that was our weekend with NO PLANS! I wonder what next weekend's plan-less-ness will bring our way. I hope it involves seeing our friends Jessica and John who have been snubbing us the past few.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We are pretty much plan-free this weekend. My flight from California HOPEFULLY gets in at 2:00 on Friday, so no plans that evening. Nothing after a baby shower on Saturday afternoon....so we have Saturday night open. And Sunday, well, it's not ahrd to lure us away on Sunday either!

If you need a dinner buddy tonight, let us know!! I know being spouse-less is now fun.