Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Little Perspective

I overheard a familiar song coming from a friend's cubicle at work yesterday. I wandered over to see what she was watching. Somehow, God always knows exactly what you need at exactly the time you need it. I needed a little perspective on my life and a little awakening to some of my choices for awhile now.

Life throws so many "distractions" at us that try to tear us from the really important things in life. These distractions also try to tempt us away from the truth and who we really want to be close too. This video reminded me of what I think is important and who I want to be close too. Sometimes we just need a good smack in the face and then a good cry to realize what's really been missing. This video was my smack in the face:

Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.
You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

No comments: