Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Update!



This weekend was a great ending to a not so fabulous week. On Friday, Nathan and I saved money and ate dinner at home and then went to see Live Free or Die Hard at the dollar movies. The movie was great and the price was right. After the movie, we came home and watched a lightning show on our patio for about 2 minutes until we were attacked by mosquitoes.

On Saturday, I went to WW as usual and then came home and did a new workout video while Nathan sat on the couch and ate a Totinos pizza (it's 18 WW points btw, for anyone counting) and then a bowl of cereal for dessert. Go figure! He's the one with a good one. I finished the video and my husband proceeded to state, "That made me tired." Sheesh!

After we both got cleaned up, we went on a hunt to find foam egg-crate mattresses for us to use in the tent next weekend. We find they are more comfortable to sleep on than an air mattress, plus you can stand on them when your trying to carefully slip out of a wet swim-suit into clean clothes while crouching down in a 4 foot tall 110 degree tent without stubbing your toe. After the 3rd stop and the 2nd phone call to directory assistance we found a good substitute at Wal-Mart.

I would like it noted that I had to cancel my reservations at the motel near the lake because my very own weather fanatic said it would not rain. I would also like it noted that we are in agreement that if it does rain (which there is a 100% it will, since we are staying in a tent), I have free reign to gripe the entire three hours back home. PLUS, I do not have to help re-pitch the tent in our backyard to dry out when this "rain-free weekend" does not go as forecasted.

Fun with friends proceeded our shopping extravaganza. We had dinner with Jessica while her husband was out of town and then we had dessert at Starbucks with Renee and Zach. We have the best friends. I learn so much from all of them. Sometimes, I learn that I need to spend a little less time watching Big Brother and a little more time reading interesting books and keeping up to date on the upcoming football season or the latest headlines. That Jessica has way too much time spent in lay-overs and delays while on her way to fancy-schmancy hotels.

Today, we went to Mass and then had a quick lunch with a now back-in-town and wifeless John. Then Nathan and I came home and took a nap. Exciting! Even more exciting, I took a walk after dinner and was ecstatic over the fact that my normal two-mile walk had to be extended a little further because I was ahead of pace. I had to continue because you can't just leave Justin hangin'. All workouts MUST end with "Sexy Back". Oh, I'm gonna bring sexy back all right! YEAH! ! There's gonna be so much sexy that the person reading a hurricane book beside me right now might turn out to be a different someone who might have a little interest in hurricanes too. I can pick 'em can't I! And yes, I will refer to my AT post any chance I get. He even commented back! It's love at first phone call and mutual. I'm sure of it!

If you've read this far, Thanks! I've discovered I tend to ramble and I'm not as consise and talented at writing like some of my friends. They can say everything I've said but in a better and shorter way. But, they love me still the same.

That's our weekend in a nutshell. Hope yours was a good one too.

4 comments:

Derek said...

Hope there was nothing important in your post, I only made it about half way through

Elizabeth said...

At least I've posted something within the past two weeks... HA! Take That!

Jessica said...

Hey--how was mass? I'm curious what you guys thought.

And I made it all the way through, but only because you sort-of complimented me and I like to read posts about myself...

Elizabeth said...

It was just a normal Mass. I'm starting to think that maybe they went to St. John's Baptist Church instead of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church. It was good none-the-less.