Friday, January 4, 2008

Goodbye 2007... Hello Water!!

Wanna know the best way to ring in the new year? Drink a big glass of water - from YOUR house. Now that I have running water, I no longer get a sick feeling in my stomach to post pics of what Christmas and New Year's really looked like at the Blais' house.

I know it will all be worth it when I can use my new kitchen and all the new things in it. I just have to wait for the magic words from my husband saying that the dishwasher is in and the kitchen faucet is actually working.


My New Year's Resolutions:

1. NO Kitchen remodels two days after surgery

2. NO kitchen remodels at all!

3. Use water in my house EVERY SINGLE DAY!

4. Be thankful for water in my house EVERY SINGLE DAY!







The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. And then they were filled with water.


Christmas card wreaths I made last year. They were both covered with Christmas wishes from friends and family by the end of the season.

My big jar of Christmas balls. I'm weirdly obsessive about it.

My new Christmas table runner from Brooke to background my advent inspirational quote bowls from Renee. My friends know me so well: Pier 1 goodies and white dishes. Quite possibly the best B-day gifts. Renee hand folded origami quotes that she printed on paper to match my Christmas colors. Seriously. I think I bought her a gift card.


Then Christmas got ... interesting...

This is what my kitchen looked like right before I went without water for NINE DAYS!!! Did I mention it was the week OF Christmas?

Lovely aren't they? I totally stole them from work so we could haul water from the neighbor's hose for reasons you can imagine. That was super fun right up until the water in the hose froze solid. Then we had to start filling them up at the Anderson house during our daily shower visits.

Let's just say it was kind of weird to know the exact day that Jessica switched back from the Christmas towel set Nathan and I had come to love, to her usual striped bathroom motif. In case you ever need to shower somewhere besides your own house, that is the place to do it. Jessica puts out clean towels every day even if you tell her over and over not to. And John, well, he's just really funny.

If you ever need a place to host a New Year's Eve Party besides your own house, these are the faces of the people you need to be related to. (Their faces will probably look different if it's not past midnight and post-champagne) Thanks Jane and Jim for rescuing us, over and over. You helped host one heck of a last minute, water-filled party.

A few of the party attendees:

Jacob in his pre-sparkling cider attire. Check here to see what a little too much cider can do to a kid. It's a little disturbing to see the path he may be headed down.

Nathan's mom, Sue, spent a lot of time with the youngest party-goer. I think she maybe be trying to hint at something.

Renee and Zach receive the Disgustingly Cute Couple of the Year Award. Renee doesn't know it, but all of my other friends and I talk about her behind her back. It's just not normal for someone to be THAT gorgeous inside and out.

Mark and Pam know a good time when they see it; sushi, champagne, and a chocolate fountain.
If only Mark would have danced long enough for me to grab the camera. Oh, the blackmail that still awaits him.


4/6 th of the Bladcoxerson Gang

"And friends are friends forever..." I'll spare you the whole song. Nathan and I are truly blessed with these four. We couldn't ask for better.

Check it out Ladies! The one on the left is employed and available. Send all inquiries to liztheannoyingmatchmaker@sisterinlaw.com



Cousins! It took four shots to get this pic.

That is one happy baby! Brooke and Derek are gonna have to fight the girls off with sticks.

He's All Mine!!


Now John, THAT'S not very Church of Christ of you. You've been hanging out with us Catholics a little too much.


Like this guy for example. Ah it's okay, out of the three teams represented, the Titan fan definitely needs a little beverage the most to make it through the football season.

These are the faces of people who got their water back 8 hours prior.

A little something to wrap up the night at

Club WaterHouse

...



4 comments:

JenKay81 said...

Loved this entry!! I'm guessing the third stocking is for Eneer Beener (my favorite) right? I like all your Christmas decorations, looks like the pics came out from a catalog. Oh yea, why aren't you in the video doing the dance? I KNOW you know the moves!!! ♥

JenKay81 said...

BTW I finally broke down and made a sign-in, I'm tired of not commenting looking at yo blog!! :) whoohoo

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth! It's nice to meet my twin. You definitely one-upped me with the chaos at your house! Glad you've got water back and that you're healing nicely. Did you have your surgery at Saints? I was at Saint Anthony North. (Insert "Twilight Zone" theme here ...) ~ Tamie

GETTOUT said...

The party looked fun! I wish I could have been there. I hope to see you all real soon.

Wuv,
B