Wednesday, January 23, 2008

High School Soundtrack

I love lists. So when I came across VH-1's Top 100 songs of the 90's, I had to check it out. While I don't agree with the placement of some of the songs, just looking at some of them gave me flashbacks to middle school and high school. Talk about a virtual soundtrack! I think I can place myself in certain settings listening to each song (most of those settings were riding shotgun in Derek's Cougar thinking I was cool knowing all the words to "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It.")

Liz and I were quite pleased that BNL made the list. Number 72 to be exact for "One Week," which in my opinion is one of the weakest songs they have ever made. Go figure. Anyway, enjoy the list, and share any memorable moments you have about the songs.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow...shotgun in Derek's Cougar singing "Jiggy Wit It".

I've never pictured you more uncool...

Just Kidding! I love my HS playlist...there's nothing like a little "Champagne Supernova" and "Ironic" to get me through the day!

Emily said...

I was going to do a post about this! Dangit, y'all beat me to it.

As for memories...I may have left school early to go buy the Backstreet Boys CD with "I Want it That Way" on it.

Wow, that's embarrassing.

Daisy said...

That is a great list. What a flashback! I am saddened that Sublime is not on the list. If they had been, it probably would've been "What I Got," which, like your BNL tune, is one of their weakest. BSB in the top 3, really? REALLY?

not so zen momma said...

It doesn't get more iconic that Nirvana. Personally, I'm jamming to "Informer" in my head right now.