Thursday, January 17, 2008

When The Internet Comes To Life...

Man, blind dates can be really nerve racking. What should I wear? Are they going to like me? What if there's a lull in conversation? Should I shave my legs? So many details to consider.

Tonight I had my first blind date since college. I can say this one ended with much better results. Come to find out, I didn't have to worry about shaving because this set-up didn't end up with me having to sneak someone out of my dorm room after explaining that "Umm, I'm really not that kind of girl. Wanna read my True Love Waits Bible?" No, this one ended with, "We should do this again. You need to get your little one to bed." (If I had a really dirty mind, I suppose the college date could've ended up with that same phrase, but I'm just NOT that type of girl, remember?)

Jessica definitely knew what she was doing when she introduced Brooke and I to our newly-found blog-buddy, Emily, at Starbucks tonight. This chick surely can hang with the Bladcoxerson trio. I knew she was a winner after our conversations about the number of times her son poops per day, the amount of time salad dressing can sit out before entering the "danger zone", and how cool it would be for me to stand up in the middle of a Church of Christ service and shout out, "When are we gonna have the wine already?" Apparently, Emily likes a germa-phobe Catholic. I don't know if that means I'm really entertaining, or if she's really crazy.

No matter, I've made a new friend, I think. And I definitely would feel safe eating dinner at her house. She refrigerates EVERYTHING like I do; unlike the other attendees who I've determined will never be cooking dinner for me again. ***

So, Emily, I hoped you like us. Because Brooke and I don't usually talk "poop" until at least the third date.

*** Note: Here is the list of controversial items that I believe should ALWAYS be stored in the fridge while others disagree:

1. ketchup -(after being brought to my attention, I'm never eating french fries at Chili's again, thanks)
2. soy sauce
3. parmesan cheese
4. mustard
5. pancake syrup
6. bbq sauce
7. apple butter
8. salad dressing- once it reaches room temperature
9. leftover pizza - I'm thoroughly disgusted at this thought
10. and yes, worcestershire sauce!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I too am glad the night didn't end with an awkward make out session followed by embarrassment and regret.

Aubrey said...

I couldn't agree more about the list of items to be refrigerated! I keep ALL of those refrigerated, too! Oh, and chocolate syrup too...I've seen people leave that out...yuck!

I also agree about Emily being fun! She's down-to-earth and entertaining!!

Charly said...

I put everything in the frig as well. I even put flour in the frig. You never know what might creep in your flour. Little itty bitty bugs of some sort I'm sure. Ewwww...yeah, everything goes. Brady will come home one day to find one of the dogs in there, you can never be too safe. :) Have a good weekend.

Michelle said...

that's neat you met a blog buddy.maybe we will meet someday.i better start keeping my syrup in the fridge.oh my chinese friend said they don't keep soy sauce in the fridge in china...but mines in there ;0)