Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Note To My Husband

Dear Nathan,

I'm choosing to write you publicly because I want all of our friends and family to know how many times throughout every day I thank my lucky stars that you came into my life. I continuously ask myself over and over "How in the heck did I manage this one?".

This past month has been very trying for us both and I want to thank you for sticking it through with me. Between a surgery, a kitchen remodel, no water, no money, work commitments for us both and the Christmas season, you have been so great. Thank you for continuing to work hard even though you were tired, stressed and frustrated.

I am so proud of all that you have accomplished this past year. You show me everyday that with hard work, anything is possible. Thank you for dealing with all of the issues that home-ownership has brought on. I know it hasn't been easy to learn everything from scratch. I know you're the only one that would try their very hardest to make our house a real home for the two of us.

I'm also so proud that you have decided to go back to school to pursue a CPA. I know the decision to commit to two years of school wasn't easy; especially after all we went through to finish the first time. Thank you for working extra hard now to make our future better. I couldn't ask for a better sign that you will do all it takes to make sure that the two of us will succeed. As we hopefully get to start a family soon, your determination gives me so much comfort that the future will offer many years of happiness and security.

My biggest thanks goes to you for all that you have done to support me over the past seven months in my own journey with Weight Watchers. Thank you for sticking by me in good weeks and bad ones. Thank you for your encouraging words and empathetic ear when I've needed it. I couldn't have done it without you.

I know I'm not the most eloquent writer and I know that this little note couldn't possible express what I feel in my heart for you, but I just want you to know how much I truly love YOU and all that makes up who you are.

I Love you,
Liz

P.S. If you don't put the freakin' hangers in the freakin' empty hanger spot after pulling your freakin' clean shirts off of them in the morning, I'm going to stop doing your freakin' laundry while you're in class. XOXOXO

5 comments:

Michelle said...

You are too cute! Your posts always make me laugh! I need to write my hubby a note, great idea!

Daisy said...

Ooooh, so sweet! I think we should all take some time every once in a while to give our other halves a little love letter like this one. Your hubby sounds like quite a catch--congrats on catching a good one!

And good luck on your CPA, Nathan. My brother is working on his, so I know how much work goes into it. He just passed his first round of tests, and I couldn't be more proud of him. Just keep going and don't get discouraged if you have setbacks. You can do it!

P.S. I freakin' love your P.S. Liz!

Emily said...

Ah, marriage. For all the great things our men do for us, at the end of the day they're still the same idiots that don't put the freakin hangers where they go.

Emily said...

Ok, worcestershire sauce...do you put that in the fridge? Because, I mean, that's kind of like soy sauce.

Charly said...

So sweet!