Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pancakes, Brackets, and Hail-Cores, Oh my!

Nothing like a carb-filled brunch to start off a day full of basketball and storm watches. Don't worry, Aubrey. Right after this picture was taken, I put the Wild Blueberry Syrup from Maine back in the refrigerator. I need to preserve all of it's yumminess until my in-laws make their big move back to Maine in July. Then, I can have them ship all of my Maine favorites to me anytime I want. They have some monks up there that make THE BEST seedless raspberry jam on earth.

Needless to say, Nathan is in his happy place. March Madness brackets surround him as he flips back and forth between Gary and Rick. Oh how I miss my cute little red-head weatherman. Aaron T. was way more fun to keep me advised than that new guy they replaced him with. Enid, however has already taken her tornado precautions in the guest bathroom. Do they make teeny-tiny pink bicycle helmets?

***************
This weekend wrapped up the Elite Eight and pretty much wrapped up my only chance of winning our family/friend tournament to be if Kansas takes it to the end. According to the scenario calculations that my slightly obsessive husband has drafted, I could also get second place if Memphis faces Kansas in the final game and the Tigers happen to win.

Whatever. I've put my money on both of these teams in the past, and I've yet to come home with the money the past four years we've been doing this. The hope of being able to have a professional design a new background for my blog with my winnings is the only thing that gets me through this month of weird names, weird tattoos and penetration. (Can they not come up with a new term for that? Seriously.)

Here are a few pics from the latest March Madness get-together at B and D's. Three down, two to go.

"They walk alike. They talk alike."

He looks cute folks. But, I'm convinced that all that Sooner blood dressed in orange tainted one of my final team picks from continuing on.


"Please welcome the President and V.P. of the Double-Chin club."

Exactly at what age do you lose your baby fat? Twenty nine?

"Is this guy gonnna share that ice cream or what?"


2 comments:

Emily said...

They have monks in Maine?

not so zen momma said...

I have to admit it, I'm an overly proud parent. I almost tear up when I see him praised and pictured on other peoples blogs. Thanks for loving him as much as I do!