Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Niece Night

So, my two nieces are in town from Arkansas for their Spring Break and my sister and I decided to snag them from the 'rents for a girls night. We planned to grab dinner and then hang out at home and play Rock Band.

Here are a some interesting things I learned. I thought I would share in case you were in the dark like I was:

1. The way to hit on a 13 year old girl in Arkansas is to take her on a ride on your four-wheeler.
2. Guys are only "hot" if they look like Shaggy from Scooby-Doo.
3. Text messaging is equal to breathing. It must be done AT ALL TIMES! This includes in the car, getting out of the car, going into the restaurant, while ordering, while eating, leaving the restaurant and so on. It's unlimited for a reason, DUH!
4. "True love" is shown by sending songs to your significant other's phone.
5. Girls in AR don't play "hard-to-get." It's better to be "easy-gettin."
6. Target is cheap. Wal-Mart is cool AND has hotter guys. (See #2 above)
7. Guys who pick an item off of the shelf and then proceed to walk to the checkout, pay, and then leave the store are "stalkers." They can only be dealt with by being "stalked" in return.
8. If the guy at Starbucks makes you a full-fat caramel latte by mistake and then makes you the correct skinny latte, that means that he was trying to pick you up. EVEN if you are wearing a wedding ring. (Yes!! I must be one hot babe! I don't even want to know what it means if he "forgets" to leave off the whip)


I don't know where they get this from. I mean, no one else in our family acts like this:

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, Colin teaches high school math so he can vouch for the text messaging thing. One night we were at a basketball game and half of the students were looking down at their phones! That is one trend that makes me feel old. And I know YOU don't text because I hear your phone is old.........

Elizabeth said...

Jessica has a big mouth.

not so zen momma said...

Her phone can text, she just refuses to learn. I say we launch a campaign to get Liz in text messaging age!

Nathan said...

Text messaging is for losers