Monday, March 10, 2008

That's just my ba-bee dad-dee...

So besides being busy with everything under the sun (sorry for the lack of blogging AND the lack of commenting, Emily), much discussion has been going on at our house about when we should start to seek additional help in trying to get pregnant.

I've tried to ease Nathan's nerves about parenthood and infertility by suggesting trying out a new and often controversial approach to determining the source of our issues. While many of you may disagree, I'm determined that this may be the best and only way for us to go. I've mentioned to my devoted husband on several occasions that I think it would be most beneficial for our cause for me to spend A LOT of one on one time with Derek Shepherd. I mean, he IS a doctor! AND it's always good to seek help from someone that you want to make your dreams come true from someone that has Dreamy in his title. I mean, it couldn't hurt, right?

Unsurprisingly, Nathan wasn't convinced. So in continued efforts to put him at ease with the idea of one day being my bebe's daddy, I found an online instruction guide to help him. It even includes tutorial pictures to insure no confusion. Below were some of my faves. I thought it was really funny that all of the pictures of what NOT to do were the male pics.







Just one example of things that are okay to do with our cat, but not a baby. Chasing her down the hallway until she bites you and locking her in the closet all day would be others on the list.


Example of : No correct answer!

Yeah, I won't even go there. However, "Yes, that little patch of hair sprigs is very sexy, dear."







Included in the "Bad" category would also be forcing our baby to watch more than three episodes of Storm Stories in a row or teaching our child to about standard deductions and diversifying their 401K. Not that I don't find those things thrilling....


In case this picture is confusing you, dear, that is a dryer. It sits next to the washing machine in what is known as the laundry room. It makes your clothes warm and wrinkle free.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What am I going to do with the brand new cage we bought at Petsmart last week? We were trying to prepare for a new baby!

I laughed out loud at the dryer...that is funny stuff.

Good to have you back! Stick around...

Daisy said...

I have to disagree with that third one!

(See this link: http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/can1167/034.jpg)

Yep, that's mine in the front there!

Emily said...

I don't know...we always enjoy putting ours in a backpack.

And I'm going to make it one of my missions to get you to try breastfeeding. Your own child that it.

Anonymous said...

Seriously??? Lifting the Baby?? Too funny...