Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Let me introduce you to a little thing called SOAP!

I know that I'm quite the germa-phobe. I completely understand that not all people are as passionate as I am about keeping pancake syrup in the fridge or not eating anything with mayonnaise in it at a picnic in the park in August. I get that. But, is it really to freakin' much to ask that E-V-E-R-Y single person please take a few seconds to wash your hands after using the bathroom? Good Grief People!!

I use the bathroom probably no less than 5 times a day. And pay close attention. I wash my hands ALL 5 times. It's simple, really. I open the stall door. I turn on the water. I grab some soap. I scrub. I rinse. I wave my hand in front of the red light or in rare instances, I use my elbow to punch down the towel dispenser lever. I dry my hands. I use the paper towel to open the door. I throw the paper towel away. See, it's easy!

Why do people find this so difficult? All of those steps could have been completed in the time it took me to type them out. Granted, I'm not that great of a typist, but at least I can admire my nice fecal-matter free hands as I try to hunt for the next letter.

C'mon, America. Clean up your act!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! You had to come straight from the facility in the basement and type this!!! I know you did. But please tell me it was an applicant, not an employee...no, really, please...

And you're so right! It's not that hard of a concept to master.

Aubrey said...

Amen to that one! I get SO grossed out by the ADULTS who still don't wash their hands!

And, yes, mayonnaise containing food should be boycotted at a picnic!