Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekly Weather Quiz

It's the moment everyone has been waiting for....the results for week one! The correct answer is Mesoscale Convective System. Unfortunately someone has tested positive for Googling the answer, and it happens to be Barry Bonds....oops, I mean John Anderson. He will be penalized for cheating. Brooke is closest to correct with "Multicell Cluster Storms." Jessica wins most creative with "Mars Climate Sounder." My wife's answer of "MesoCyclones Suck" is creative, but unfortunately is a slander towards a very cool weather phenomenon. Therefore, no point can be awarded to her. Here are the standings:

Brooke....1
Jessica...1
Liz.......0
John.....-1

On to week two!

OKC is well on pace to have the wettest year on record. If we get no rain from now until August 31st we will still be the wettest January-August ever. All we need to do is have average rainfall for the rest of the year to break the record.

Question: What is OKC's wettest year on record, and how much rain fell during that year?

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Even though I know the answer,I'll give the other lucky people not married to a weather channel-watching freak a chance. And by freak, I mean loving husband.

John said...

What is oklahoma city's wettest year on record--1108 B.C.

and how much rain fell during that year? Ask Noah

The year was 1969!!! (hehe)

And I was not Googling the answers Ass Nuggett!
www.ask.com

Jessica said...

I found out that 2003 was the 11th driest year on record for OK...does that count?

Make it a GOOD question next week. I'll be hanging out with Rick Mitchell ALL week and I can get some good answers....

Crystal Clear As Mud said...

I do believe I heard this fun fact on the News 9 morning broadcast...that would be 1908. : )

Derek said...

The record for rain in a 24 hour period is 15.68 inches in Enid in 1973.

Elizabeth said...

My guess from the beginning of the week was 1908 with 54 inches. And since I'm the only one to answer the actual question, both parts 1 and 2, I should win. And I should win a sushi dinner out!