Monday, November 3, 2008

Quick Halloween Update

Well, we came through Friday night with no eggs and no t.p. in the trees due to our non-chocolate candy assortment. We had a great turnout on trick or treaters this year compared to last year. A few observations:

* Some of these kids need bigger buckets. Those tiny plastic pumpkins are full after just a few houses. Maybe I give more candy than other houses?

* I was impressed that almost every single T-or-Ter said thank you before leaving our doorstep. All in the world is not bad.

* Enid was the hit of the night. Almost all of the kids made some sort of comment on how much they liked our cat or how cute she is. Like my little Enner-Beener needs any more attention or praise than she already gets. Puh-lease. Can we say spoiled?

* Homemade costumes are still the best. And thus, still receive more candy.

* My favorite thing is when the 4 and under crowd comes to the door, rings the bell, and then they don't quite understand that they have to scoot back for me to open the screen door. It takes a little coaching from me or their parents to show them how the pros do it.

* My second favorite thing is when it's Nathan's shift to answer the door and I get to listen to the comments he makes on their costumes. We're talking about the person who was scared that "one of them" would talk to him while we checked out day cares. I can't wait to see how he is with our little one.

* Best costume of the night: The cutest 18 month-old Frankenstein. Homemade costume of course. You can see pics here. I may or may not be a little bias.

* Worst costume of the night: The 14 year old girl from down the street dressed in a trench coat that after I gave her candy, asked me if I wanted to "see her goods." Then she flashed me!! Granted she had pajamas underneath. But, Are you kidding me?! THAT is NOT lady-like behavior. Where are her parents? Give me my Smarties and Twizzlers back!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh, geez, I cannot WAIT to see Nathan as a dad. "One of them"....

hahahahahaha!

not so zen momma said...

Thanks for the props on Franken-Van. How are we going to coordinate trick-or-treating next year with Anna and Colt?