Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Shower and a Shave?

My first baby shower is in about 24 hours from now. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I'm glad that this first one will be co-ed and thus Nathan will be there with me. It's so hard to have all of that attention on just you. Granted, I'm usually an attention hog, but for some reason opening gifts in front of a room of people can be a little intimidating.

I am SO wearing pants. There is no way I can concentrate on unwrapping a gift, smiling the whole time for pictures, making sure to use lots of different adjectives other than "cute" AND keep my legs crossed the entire time. It's just not gonna happen, folks. So pants it is.

This brings me to my second shower which is scheduled for next week. I'm really looking forward to it as it will be the shower with all of my girlfriends. The shower invitation (which I adore, btw) even says "Please join us for a day of girl time...". Is it bad that my very first thought was "Hmm... What are they planning? Do I need to shave my legs?"

I mean with the five ladies that are hosting the event, there is no telling what they have up their sleeves. And they sure like to keep me in the dark. So, needless to say, I will be shaving my legs for that one. Cause if "girl time" involves anything with nail polish or lotion or something like that, the woolly mammoth look I'm currently sporting just ain't gonna cut it. Oh God! Nail polish. Now, I have to shave that little patch on my big toe too. Shut up. You know you have one too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

omg does this mean that i need to shave my legs too? LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG! I sooo have one (big toe spot) and will be doing the same. And remind me to put on extra lotion. I'm just too cute to sport the ashy look in front of your friends and family! Me and Tenishea will be there!!! Bring on the games!

not so zen momma said...

Oh my, just for this post I may have to plan something extra.