Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'd do it all over again...

I hate that it has taken a tag from Emily to get me writing about something that crosses my mind every single day; just how lucky I am to be married to my best friend. It will be nine years in January that I met Nathan for the first time at McDonald's of all places. Although I was actually there for someone else I was "totally in love with", it was Nathan that captured my heart for good.

Now, almost a decade after watching him pick his tomatoes off his hamburger and thinking to myself, "This guy is the slowest eater of all freakin' time," we're preparing for the arrival of our baby girl in just a couple of months. It's hard to believe that so many years have passed. But, I take comfort in the thought of all the wonderful years to come. Together.

I thought I would list some of the things I love about Nathan that he may not be aware of. Even though we get busy, I get cranky, and responsibilities tend to take over our days, I still take notice of the wonderful things that Nathan brings to my day. To my life. I love you Nate! And if I had the choice, I'd do it all over again.


Random things I love about my husband:

*His obsession with chap stick. And how it makes me laugh that he gets so annoyed when I ask to borrow it while he's driving.

*His commitment and effort to go back to school to get his CPA. I know that his main motivation/goal in doing so is to be able to provide everything he could for me and for our future children. And he's done it in all A's fashion. I'm so proud of his hard work.

*His patience. I know I am not the easiest person to live with.

*He thanks me every single time I make dinner. Even if it's just Hamburger Helper.

*He never gets annoyed when I have questions about football.

*If I'm already in bed, he'll bring me a drink of water, turn my light off, or fix the covers for me. I'm spoiled. I know.

*I love when he calls me every weekday morning when he gets to work and tells me some random fact about the economy, the weather, our football stats, or just checks in to work out what we are doing that night. I hate the days he has an early meeting or is at an audit and I don't hear from him.

*I secretly adore that he is so passionate about the weather. I wish I was as passionate about something.

*I love that if there was something that I really, really, really, really wanted, even if kind of expensive, he would find a way for us to afford it.

*He never makes me clean the bathrooms. Get in line ladies!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah, you got yourself a good one.

We all love you, Nate!

And you, too Liz!

Charly said...

So sweet.