Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm a genius! Jessica said so.

Wanna know what I've been doing the past couple of weeks? This. It's pretty much been my every evening and too many hours during work than I would care to admit. I loved every minute of it. I'm kind of sad it's over.

This was probably the most fun I've had planning a baby shower to date. I think it's because the theme was sooo, sooo? Jessica! I have to give most credit for the theme idea to my fellow party planning genius, Brooke. The second reason this was one of my favorites. Shower planning with her makes everything so much easier. She and I like to think that we have impeccable taste and almost always we like the exact same things. And. And! I didn't cry even once! I ALWAYS cry at least once during an event planning opportunity. That's huge, folks. Ask my husband.

I'm excited that it's over because that means that Jess' little Baby Colton (I refuse to say "Colt" until my Titans beat Indianapolis the last game of the season) is gonna be here super soon. I'm disappointed that the shower has passed because now I no longer have an excuse for not writing the thank you cards for my shower the week before.
Congratulations Jess! I hope you enjoyed your special day as much as I enjoyed hosting it for you. And as much as I enjoyed the leftover pumpkin bread with cream cheese icing. Yum!

A few of my favorite pics from the day:
Hehe. Behind that logo is my big clock that has been set to 9:40 for the past two months. Nathan and I had plans to change the batteries when the time changed for Daylight Savings. I figured it would just be easier to put a big green circle over it.
(Note: almost a week after the shower, it's still there.)
My Starbaby Chalkboard. I LOVED doing this. Nathan said it was good enough that I should work at Starbucks. I told him I would if the chalk dust didn't make my contact lenses suction permanently to my eyeballs. (This is also still sitting in my dining room. I can't bring myself to take it down and erase it.)

Note to self: Preggos should NEVER wear big green aprons. Ever.

All of these people love Jessica. I've never seen my living room shrink so fast.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It was amazing. You and Brooke are such pros!

Ok...can't think about it anymore without crying about the perfection!

Thank You!!!

not so zen momma said...

I love planning showers with you too, Liz. (And showers for you)

First of all, please email me the picture of us standing in the kitchen. My hair looks perfect, and Laura is nicely covering up flabby pale-white arms.

I was admiring the photo so (because of the beautiful shiny hair) until I saw the picture underneath, where it shows the back of my hair. Egad. Total mess!

Charly said...

You guys are awesome. I don't know how many people I showed the invite to. Just wish I could've been there.