Friday, October 31, 2008

Yeah, We're THAT house.

Ya know the one. That one house on the block that hands out the sucky non-chocolate candy? Yeah, that's us this year.

First let me say, when in the heck did a cube of sugar become so darn expensive? $4.98 for the smallest bag of Toostie Rolls I've ever seen is ridiculous. But this is not why we'll probably be cleaning egg off the front porch and toilet paper out of trees and bushes tomorrow morning. No, the kids in our neighborhood are going to hate us purely for my own sanity on the scale the next week or so.

This year, I'm following the Weight Watcher trick or treat plan. I bought all sorts of candy that I don't particularly care for (read as, the sucky candy). It's amazing how fast you can run out of those wonderful mini Snickers and Mr. Goodbars when you grab one every.single.time. you answer the front door on Halloween night. It's also amazing how you're reminded of it every.single.time. you step on the scale. Nope, not this year. This year - sucky candy it is.

So, if anyone particularly loves sucky candy, c'mon over. We have gobs of it. You can take your pick of three items (my usual handful for the kiddos). Four if I think you worked hard on your costume. We have Dum Dums, Now n Later packs, Twizzlers (ick!) and Smarties (upon Nathan's request). If we REALLY like you or you're name rhymes with "Man", we may or may not have a stash of hidden Kit Kats. I'm just sayin'...

Happy Halloween Everyone!! It's exciting to know that next year we'll have a little goblin of our own. And you better have chocolate to fill her bucket with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, Kit Kats!