Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Subliminal Message??

Things I thought or did an hour before falling asleep last night:

1. Added a few items to my baby registry suggested by an experienced mom.
2. Googled: "Adoption shower ideas".
3. Ate some Wheat Thins.
4. Read over the Baby Feeding Classes sheet I picked up at the doctor's office yesterday.
5. Read through (and subsequently freaked out at) a pamphlet on breastfeeding.

The result:

I had a very vivid dream about Jessica and I having a conjoined baby shower at the La Leche headquarters. It was an old house with cool modern lounge-like sections inside. The sections were separated by sheer panels separating those parts for baby showers (with wheat thin hors d'oeuvres trays) and those for baby feeding classes. I walked all around the headquarters and into each of the different classes; one on breast feeding exclusively, one on formula feeding only, and one for those who plan on going back to work and doing both. After not being able to decide on which class to join, I just went back to the baby shower and Jessica and I started opening gifts.

I think from now on I'll just have to start watching Dancing With The Stars right before drifting off. Maybe it will result in a few better dreams of sequins and lights and not breast pumps.

PS: Do you think breastfeeding is going to be a problem if I still giggle every time I type the word "breast"? I am sooo doomed.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thoughts on BFeeding pamphlets: Don't pay any attention to them.

not so zen momma said...

i agree with emily.