Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Diaper Dilemma

Okay, you moms out there. Obviously, we need help.

Actual conversation at Babies R Us:

Nathan: Hey, look. They have big boxes of diapers. Maybe we should get some.
Me: Hmm... Yeah, maybe we should.
Nathan: What kind should we get?
Me: Hmm... I'm not sure.

Nathan: We have a coupon, right?
Me: Yeah, it's for like $5 off a mega box or something like that.
Nathan: What's a Mega Box? Do we need that?
Me: Hmm... I'm not sure.

Nathan: These boxes are $29.99. Is that a good deal?
Me: Hmm... I'm not sure.
Nathan: These are size four. Should we get these?
Me: Uh... I don't think so.
Nathan: What size should we get? Is this a good deal?
Me: How should I freakin' know?!! Can we go look at the $267 lamp I want?

Can you register for a Nanny at BRU? Does she come with that free umbrella stroller if you order her online?

5 comments:

Audrey said...

My suggestion is lots of size 2 and 3. More than likely at your shower people will give you newborn and size one. The hospital will send you home with some newborn sizes anyway. Kerrigan is still in a size 3 at 16 months. So, they wear them forever. Also, don't buy the huge mega box until you are sure that you like that kind. I hated Luvs and ended up with LOTS that I didn't like. (Some swear by Luvs, so, find out for yourself). Always use coupons! They are in the newspaper on Sundays or if you go to Huggies.com and Pampers.com just sign up for their newsletter and they will send you some. Also, subscribe to babycheapskate and she always lists sites to print coupons. Also, some people go with the generic brands and buy the next size up (because they leak), but you don't get as many in a box so, you aren't saving ANY money. Also, I suggest grabbing a pack every time you go to the store (with a coupon) so that you have a big stash before she is born. So, that's my 2 cents! Will I meet you IRL at Jess's shower?

Audrey said...

Also, a good price for diapers is under 27 cents each. So, carry your calculator to see what kind of deal you are getting!

not so zen momma said...

I agree with Audrey, brand matters.

A pretty safe bet for newborns are the Pampers Swaddlers. And like Aubrey, I hated Luvs for newborns. But, Luvs work for Van now. But, we tend to be Huggies loyalists. And, we've tried generic with no luck.

I'm jealous of Aubrey and her size 3 child. At 18 months, Van sports a size 5. Why does that matter? Less diapers for the same amount of money.

Laura said...

Ok, so here's our story. We started with Luvs (Pampers made Riley break out). Now we buy the generic, which are way cheaper than Huggies or Pampers. We do put Riley one size up, but only at night. Truthfully, it probably all works out the same, so use what you like. (And yes, they can be allergic to diapers, but for the most part, anything you put on your baby will by ok.)

jenny said...

you are such a dork! hahah thanks for my morning laugh :).