Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Ups and Downs

This weekend was full 'em.

Friday:
Down: I had to sell a kidney at lunch in order to put down our first month's tuition at the daycare we chose to reserve our spot. It's crazy that one month of daycare will cost more for our daughter than for my husband's tuition bill at UCO.

Up: Dinner with Brooke and Derek was excellent. We had a buy one-get one meal coupon to a place that we had never been. Goldie's has really good fries. A drive-thru orange sherbet from Braum's afterwards was equally yummy.

Down: The four of us never ended up watching the Redbox movie we rented.

Up: Good conversation while watching Van sleep was better than Harold and Kumar any day. Plus added bonus: I remembered to actually return the video on Sunday morning.

Saturday:
Down: I went to visit a friend that works at Starbucks. She wasn't working that day.

Up: I left with a passion iced tea and headed to Ruth's Sweete Justice next door for a cookie. They had this thing called a Magic Bar. It was magical indeed.

Down: Jessica and I ran to see "The Women" at Tinseltown while our guys were golfing. I give it a rating of "ehh."

Up: I got to see the preview again for the movie I really want to see, "Nights in Rodanthe." Plus, I put Jess on song patrol to figure out who the song was by on the preview and she came through on Sunday.

Sunday:
Down: I woke up with a sore throat and a very sick and feverish husband.

Up: I used my emergency Gatorade run for Nathan as an excuse to buy a box of Captain Crunch I'd been craving for a week. I NEVER eat C.C., but it really sounded good.

Up: The Gatorade only cost $1.94.

Down: Somehow my Walmart receipt totaled at $57.86. How did that happen? I should never be allowed to go to WalMart Neighborhood Market unaccompanied.

Down: There was NOTHING on TV except for Nathan flipping between the Ryder Cup and football.

Up: Occasionally, I caught a glimpse of how my Titans were kicking some Houston boot-tah.




No comments: