Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blame Emily.

I've been tagged by my ex-BFF, Emily. She and I used to be BFFs until she took my blog off her blog-roll because I just happened to take a 2 month sabbatical from writing. Whatev. I'm over it. She makes great book club chocolate cake and I'm trying to be nice to her so she will clue me in on where she buys all of her hair bows. For her daughter. Not for her. That would be weird and we could not be friends if SHE wore the hair bows. So here are"Six Totally Random Things About Myself" :


1. I'm currently obsessed with starting a baby registry. It seems like it would be easy to just pick out things you like, but I've been seriously fretting for at least 3 weeks now if people will think bad of me if some of the items are expensive. I think I've discussed it with at least four others, seeking approval that it would be okay to register for these, even though they're super-pricey. But, gosh-darn they're beautiful.


2. I sometimes secretly wish I was the same size as my husband. Not so much because I want to be thin like him, but it would be really convenient to be able to wear the same size. I hate doing laundry and sometimes it would be awfully tempting to just grab a pair of his undies in a pinch instead of starting a load at 11:45 pm. I am so in trouble for just typing this...


3. I am so excited about the new season of Dancing With The Stars. I laughed out loud when I saw one of my faves so far, Warren Sapp, doing the signature Kid 'N Play dance in his second performance. It reminded of the time in high school that my friend Courtney spent the night at my house and for some stupid reason we decided that dancing in the kitchen in our socks in the middle of the night was a good idea. We discovered that we were really good at doing the Kid 'N Play funky Charleston-type dance. We also discovered that socks on a linoleum floor can be a little slippery.


4. I hate taking roads that I'm unfamiliar with. I'm pretty good with directions, but I live in fear of going the wrong way on a one-way street. And don't tell my husband, but I hate going down roads where I'm not sure if it is two lanes for me to drive in or one for me and the other for the other direction drivers. I know there's some rule about a white line or a yellow or a dashed or whatever, but I figure staying in the far right lane is safest.


5. I was so jealous of other girls talking to Nathan about sports, I started listening to The Sports Animal in the car so that he would be impressed. Now, I'm over the competition thing and just find it more relaxing and entertaining than the cringing music on other stations.


6. I get on the scale every. single. morning. Even while pregnant. I get mad if I forget to weigh before eating something, but I will still weigh and subtract the amount I think the food weighed. I even do a little fudging of the numbers if I forget to weigh until after my shower and my hair is wet. This in no way prohibits me from stuffing my face, but just knowing the number makes me feel better. Is that bad? Discovery Channel's not gonna put me on a food disorder show are they? I still eat french fries. And cake. And cookies. And all in the same day.

I'm going to tag Nathan (either this blog or his weather one), Denae, Charly, Audrey and Aubrey if she has time with her new little one.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Have you checked out my links? I did it even before I read this. So there.

Here's the thing about registering for expensive stuff: People will still get it for you. You just won't get as much. So then there is a possibility that you'll have to buy it yourself.

I'll email you about where to buy hair bows.

Audrey said...

Um, hello? I know a great cheap place that you can find hair bows. Emily? Are you there? Oh, I kid.

I loathe being tagged. But, I'll see what I can do.

Charly said...

Is it bad that I want to register as well and I still have quite a ways to go. I just love looking at all the cute stuff. And this is a first for me seeing the Zen items. Very cute!

Derek said...

You are good with directions???? As long as they are given as landmarks......white water highway!?!?