Monday, September 29, 2008

How Ruuude!

In the words of Stephanie Tanner. (Does that date me?)

Nathan and I tried out a restaurant on Saturday night that we had a buy one/get one free entree for. It was a quaint little place with a warm, casual atmosphere and great waiters. You could really tell that this was no wham-bam get 'em out fast type of Italian restaurant. We loved it.

Everything had great flavor and we were both really hungry. Apparently, I was even more hungry than I thought as noted when the 17 year old Harry Potter look-alike of a busboy came to clear our plates and took mine while mumbling, "I can see you really enjoyed it."

What the heck does THAT mean?!! Was he implying that I ate a lot? I thought my meal was an average portion of two pasta tube things stuffed with chicken and wilted balsamic spinach on the side. Was it really that much food? How come he didn't say anything about Nathan's plate. Could he not tell I was eating for two? Did Nathan hear him? Did I hear him incorrectly? What did he mean by that? Do I look that fat?

...then I ordered the cheesecake from Carnegie Deli. (sigh...)

No comments: