Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lid Licker

Warning: This post is completely random. If you have brain cells that you want spared, I would just click the red X at the top right of your screen now. I've looked back at my posts from a year or so ago and realized I used to be witty and insightful. Now, I've stooped to this:

Confession. I am a lid licker. I know that some people have big executive working lunches. Others shovel in a cheese cracker between dropping the kids off at preschool. I, however, sit at my desk and contemplate the reason that I always lick the lid of my pudding cup before throwing it in the trash. Why in the heck do I do that?

It's not like there's not plenty of pudding ready to dive into in my little snack pack. In fact, the pudding in the cup is ultimately better than the tiny bit hovering on the under surface of my lid. It's creamier and freshly stirred. So why would I choose every.single.time to lick the lid first.

This brings me to question other things that I lick. I've realized that I like to lick the peanut butter off the safety seal of my beloved Jiffy (creamy in case you're wondering). I like to lick yogurt remnants off my Yoplait. And I like to lick the inside of mini snicker bites if they've been in the car too long on a hot day. I definitely love to lick the knife after strategically applying butter and jelly to toast before placing the knife in the sink. Oh. And licking the ice cream scooper before going in the sink is good too.

Why do I do this? And why do I only lick certain things? I LOVE ketchup. But, I would never lick the safety lid of that. And you couldn't pay me to lick the safety seal of my fat free mayo. Yet, I wouldn't hesitate to load up my sandwich with it.

Am I alone in this? Are there any other lid lickers out there? Would anyone like to send me a list of blog topics to write about in which I won't have to talk about my tongue?

4 comments:

John said...

OMG...I could take this post SO MANY DIRECTIONS, it's not even funny. (The first sentence of paragraph 4) I think Jessica would leave me if I put on here what I am thinking at this exact moment!!!

Elizabeth said...

John, Don't make me call Jessica. This is a family friendly blog.

shannah said...

Ok Ok I must admit I too am a lid licker. I do every one of those you have just admitted to.
I Shanna Have a lid licking problem. I'll also say I smell all my cups before I use them.

Charly said...

I also lick the pudding cup lid...but that is as far as I go. I have other weird things I do. Maybe I'll blog about that someday...or maybe I won't. I might scare people away. Enjoy your licking.