Monday, August 25, 2008

Politics for Dummies

Does anyone have this book I can borrow? Because, I apparently just don't get it.

I fully admit that I am not politically savvy in any way, but I am completely bamboozled over the point of political party conventions. Why is it necessary to spend A LOT of money to gather a bunch of people who are already in your party and are already going to vote for you to spend a week or so listening to you tell them why they should be in your party and why they should vote for you? This seems completely pointless to me.

I would much rather have the candidates spend that time to have a good ole-fashioned debate with their opponent so I can actually figure out what they stand for and who I should vote for. And while I'm making requests, I would like it to be led by Anderson Cooper. That man melts my heart like peanut butter and honey on hot toast*.


* I think pregnancy has made me start comparing people to food items. If I like you, you're probably something sweet. If you're ugly, you may be compared to my ultimate preggo aversion: a big hunk of grilled chicken. Blaach!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're too funny! I hope I'm a sweet food item ;-)