Monday, August 18, 2008

Houston, We have a baby! aka That's the best excuse I can come up with.

Hi blog-world buddies! Did you miss us?

For all the two of you who have continually checked back here for the past couple of months, Congratulations! You're the only two who will ever see this post. All of my other "blog BFFs" have abandoned me. Some have even removed me from their blog lists (EMILY!! not to name any names). They'll be punished. No worries.

I really have no excuse for not blogging, so all I can say is I'm SORRY! This is a fresh start and I'll try to do better. Below is a post that I actually started on July 8th. I'll just leave it as is with promises to be a better blogger in the future. Missed you!!

(written July 8th and never published)...

Well, seeing as most of the rest of the free world seems to know, I thought I'd clue my Internet buddies into our little secret. Nathan and I are having a baby!! See, aren't you excited? Didn't it just make you totally forgive me for not blogging in almost a month?

I'd go into this long explanation of everything that happened this month, but I know most of you just. want. to. see. the. good. stuff. already! So I'll skip all the details about what all this month's calendar entailed and go straight for this month in pics. There's even a video of how I told Nathan that he was going to be a daddy. (okay, that still sounds really weird.)

Just a warning for future posts. Nathan's parents have officially packed up all of their belongings and are making the trek across 1/2 the country to their new home in Maine. Well, really they're returning home from their 30-year "visit" in Oklahoma. So, as they won't be here for all the Blais' Going-Ons, we've promised to keep them updated on all things Baby Blais via blog. Never say I didn't warn you.

Video of how I told Nathan I was pregnant. I title it "Are you serious?!"




Ya never know what may be waiting for you when you sink one in on the green.



We revealed our little secret to Nathan's parents during a scrabble game after a family dinner.



I made a t-shirt to sneak on Van so he could help us surprise Brooke and Derek.



By the look on his face, I think Van wanted to remain the baby of the group.


A sweet treat for coworkers was served with a side of surprise.

Unfortunately, I was so wrapped up in the joy of telling my side of the family, I forgot to take any pictures. But, it was just as fun. For my mom's bday we wrapped up the BNL children's cd that she wanted and put a note on it that said: "A little something to listen to with your new grandbaby due in January." Her reaction along with everyone else was overwhelming and wonderful and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Couple of things:
1. I only took you off my links NOT my google reader. I will add you back on as soon as you prove to me you are serious about blogging again.
2. I love Nathan's reaction. Priceless. Slightly different that Colin's reaction both times I told him I was pregnant. But I digress.
3. Welcome back to blogging! Yay! No pressure or anything.

Audrey said...

Congrats! I had no idea! I still read...your on my bloglines! AND you're still on my blogroll! Great job revealing to everyone, very clever!

Jessica said...

I knew you just needed some time to come back to the cool side. Before we know it, you'll be Twittering!

I'm hoping you stay serious about it! I've missed your blogs, even though I see you all the time!

Daisy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a wonderful way to tell him! It's much more than my ultra-romantic "Oh my God, I have to pee so bad that it hurts. I must be pregnant--go buy me a test now!" But it was on our anniversary, so that makes it a little better, right?


P.S. This is one blog BFF who will never abandon you! I'm an addict, and you're like cocaine (you know, the good stuff that you don't get to have everyday, but when you do... WHEW!). Wow... I just gave a future parent a really disturbing hard-core drug analogy! LOL!

Charly said...

I'm so happy for you and Nathan. Congratulations! Yay!
You are so freakin' creative. I love how you told everyone!

Nathan said...

You post once and get 5 comments in a day, and I post 3 times in a week and get no comments! Whatever!

Love Ya

Aubrey said...

Glad you're back! I love all of the creative ways you told your family and friends that you were expecting...too clever!!! I hope everything is going well!! I'm excited for you guys!!