Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Does this make me a bad person?

I was driving home from work and when I turned on our block I saw one of the neighbor kids leaving my next door neighbor's house with some sort of pamphlet. I just knew she was selling something. So instead of pulling into my garage and going to get the mail on the curb as usual, I drove right past my house and all the way down the block until I thought it was safe to return home without her seeing me.

Does that make me a bad person? I hate saying "No" to people. Especially little girls with pamphlets and their cute dog on a leash. Even though I know its a ploy, the dog makes a difference and I inevitably buy some candle or coupon book to a restaurant I never eat at. So, this time I just avoided the situation all-together.

Now, cookies? That's a different story. I will always answer the door and fork over half a pay check for those insanely expensive but undeniably tasty Thin Mints. Forty dollar wrapping paper? Not so tasty. So, I ask again . Does THAT make me a bad person?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You're not a bad person. Smarter than me is what I would say.

I just ordered my gift wrap last night.

Charly said...

Hmmm...I totally ignore the little kid knocking at my door. Yes, I'm a bad person.