Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's all about me. (in bullets)

Due to such a long blogging hiatus, I thought it may be helpful to catch you all up on the latest with me. I've made a helpful list for you because I tend to get a little wordy (shocking! I know!) and lists help me to stay focused.

Here goes:

* Nathan started back to school on Monday and Tuesday nights. So, I'm completely open for Starbucks gatherings on those nights. hint, HINT.

* I'm going to have to get the non-fat version of anything though, because I only have one pair of pants that I can zip and still have the ability to take half-breaths.

* I'm still trying to squeeze into my regular clothes because that strap-on belly thing at Motherhood Maternity FREAKED ME OUT!!!

* I'm completely obsessed with this. And so is Jessica, thanks to me.

* I'm also completely obsessed with finding out this Friday if we will be having a boy or girl. You can put your bets in now. Topping the "hope it's a girl" list is Brooke. She's trying to live vicariously through me.

* I'm reading "The Last Lecture" for my book club. I'm so in love with my book club and all of its new members. We've had such a good time the past couple of meetings. And, get this. We actually are reading the books.

* I've also been reading the free InStyle magazines that I've been getting the past several months. They started showing up mysteriously in my mailbox and I just found out a few days ago who the culprit was. My brother is awesome.

* I went golfing recently. I only played 7 holes. I'm convinced that my hubby put some bad mojo on my favorite driver/wood/iron. I use it for everything but chipping and putting and now I can't do anything because he keeps stealing it from my golf bag.

* I heart the Olympics. I've watched it every. single. night since the opening ceremony. I also heart Aaron Peirsol. That man is pure yumminess.

* I began therapy this week. I am going to force myself to go detox one hour for every thirty minutes of The Hills I watch. Hi, my name is Liz and I'm obsessed with "Speidi" and Lauren. Oh. And I often get the urge to off Lo in her sleep.

* In trying to be prepared and to take advantage of 20% off both pieces, Nathan and I ordered the furniture for our nursery last weekend. The first lady told us 10-12 WEEKS so we thought we should go ahead and get it. But, when we ordered it, the lady told us 7-14 DAYS. Ummm, does anybody have a truck? or a storage unit for that matter?

* I am in need of a haircut and color in the most terrible way. I caught a glimpse of myself at work and the first thing that came to mind was Tim Allen in "The Shaggy Dog."

* I'm having serious issues my cat. Enid has gone berserk the past couple of weeks. If she tips her water bowl over one!more!time! I've told her she's going to be sent away. She responded by chewing the blind strings off of two windows and annoyingly licking the edge of a book on my nightstand for two hours last night.

So that's me. I know, nothing too interesting. Just trying to get back in the swing of things. Hopefully, I'll come up with some jaw-dropping, fascinating post soon.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I think we're twins. I have been in love with Aaron P. since Athens. You know I love me some Speidi.

You find out Friday? Yay! I'm so pumped for you!

not so zen momma said...

We are available with the Explorer to pick up the furniture.

I, too, was completely freaked out by Motherhood Maternity.

Daisy said...

Response (in bullets):

* Were I anywhere close to you, I'd gladly take you up on a Starbucks run!

* Don't be afraid of maternity clothes. I made fun of the banded jeans and later found out they're the most comfortable things EVER! I even wore them for like 6 months after I had her--haha! Oh, and word from the wise, don't buy anything that is over-the-belly (I think they're called full-panel). Your tummy is going to itch like CRAZY and pants like that make it even more excruciating! Go for the under-the-belly versions!

* I, too, was not one of those who even considered NOT finding out the gender--I'm a planner by gosh! Which gender isn't important (though I admit, I love having a girl, and I wanted a girl) because it's all about the planning--haha!

* SO unbelievably jealous of your book club. I would give my left arm to be in a good book club! You will cherish them even more after you become a mom because they'll help remind you that you ARE a person outside of the feeding, diaper changing, and baby talk!

I'm so happy that you're blogging again. As you may (or may not... who knows whose reader I'm on!) see, I'm not blogging frequently at all. Potty training leaves the mind mushy!

Charly said...

How exciting about finding out the sex of the baby!
I'm with Daisy, I will also have to know what I am having...someday.
I wish I could join you at Starbucks and at the book club....again...someday.
Miss ya and I'm glad you are back. I was getting tired of checking your blog everyday and reading about your grown up date night. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back, Lizzy B!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes. The fact that you want to off Lo in her sleep at times just made me want to give you a high five!!! Woohoo!!