Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nothin' says "winner" like a tacky Kwanzaa plaque.

The start of 2008 marked the end of the first Bladcoxerson Weight Watcher contest and the beginning of yet another year to look forward to success. Although this post was actually written in my head before actually winning the contest, I refused to put all the results down until I reached my personal goal first.

Many of you may recall my somewhat emotional and raw post about my fight with obesity for almost all of my life. Well, I'm super stoked to announce that while I haven't fully won the war, I have come out of my first battle of the bulge as a winner. As of my weigh in on Saturday morning, I finally reached my first goal of losing 50 lbs. 5-0 POUNDS!! Well, 50.2 to be exact. And it feels fantastic.

I have so much to say about what it's been like since beginning this journey last June. There have been a lot of good times, new clothes, hard times and lots of cake to turn down. But, it ALL has definitely been worth it. It's amazing to walk into my WW meeting and have people I don't even know tell me how good I look, or how they remember my story from 6 months ago of doing this in hopes of getting pregnant. It's amazing to have people I don't even know hugging me and telling me how proud they are of me. It's amazing to watch friends and family have their own success too.

Yes, it has been challenging at times. But, when looking back and trying to remember what it was like to carry a second-grader around my stomach everyday, I realize that it really wasn't all that bad. Thanks to my ipod, sugar-free lattes, and lots of encouragement from family and friends, my day to celebrate has finally come. And celebrate, I have.

Brooke and John both hooked me up with my very own personalized Kwanzaa plaque (pretty sure it was mostly John's idea) and each of them gave me $25. So, I did what most people do when they win a Weight Watcher contest. I bought Bare Minerals make-up. I'm hoping the next 50lbs will bring a Dyson. I think the thought of sucking all the fat out of my life is therapeutic, don't you?

A big THANK YOU to my two competitors. I look forward to kicking your butts again in the future...


7 comments:

Jessica said...

You will NEVER know how proud we are of you. John has never been so happy to lose a challenge to someone else!

Really, it's amazing to have a friend accomplish something so amazing. We're behind you 100%, all the way, until you are where you want to be.

And just think, hopefully soon you can put it all back on in baby weight!!

Daisy said...

CONGRATS! 5-0!!!! That is so awesome! Here's to a successful 2008!

Aubrey said...

That is so incredible!! Congrats! And kudos on your will-power!

Charly said...

Congrats Liz! I am so proud of you. I need to look at you for inspiration myself.

Julia said...

Wow, Liz! That's so awesome! I never cease to be amazed by people like you who have the willpower and the strength to do so well with weightloss! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear how much you've lost in another eight months! Or like Jess said, how much you've put back on in baby weight! ;-)

not so zen momma said...

I have been meaning to post, sorry it took me so long! I am so proud of you Liz! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to continue to support you in reaching your goals.

From Van: Good job Godmomma! (He is very articulate)

Laura said...

Liz -- That is so great that you have done this! I know we don't see you often, but we're behind you all the way!

Aaron, Laura and Riley