Sunday, February 10, 2008

I can't be funny ALL the time...

I love keeping up with lots of people's blogs. It's an addiction that's been developing over the past year. I probably spend more time stalking other people's blogs and thinking about what to put on my blog, than I spend actually doing things in my life to blog about. It's an obsession. Now, I in no way want that to change. I love reading about other people's lives and I'm quite a talker, so I have no problem letting other people know what is going on in my life. But, I've been having a difficult time lately coming up with material for our Blais Bytes. This little blog has become more of a Blais Nibble than anything else. While great for Weight Watchers, the lack of substance is probably a little boring for my readers; all five of them.

One of the bloggers I lurk, Audrey, led me to this post that really got me thinking about what I write about on my blog. I really DO just give people a glimpse into what life in our house is like. My weekends really ARE filled with family and friends and activities and fun. I'm just not creative enough to figure out how to write about it all. Sometimes, I forget the real reason I started this blog in the first place; to capture times in my life and my husband's to look back on and laugh, reflect, and maybe even cry about OUR life together.

Lately, I've just had a lot of very regular things going on that I would like to write about, but I never do because I don't have a funny way to twist it to make it entertaining. Sometimes, I just want to list what I did for three days and leave it at that. So, I've begun to take the position of changing the format of our family blog to include more day-to-day things that occur; more of a computerized journal of what Nathan and I actually DO all the time.

Don't be dissappointed. I'll try to be as goofy as possible. It is in fact, STILL a blog about Nathan and Liz. So, we'll give this a try and see how it goes. Let me know what you think. I guess if I become super-lame-o, you can start reading another Blais' blog as soon as Nathan starts it. It's going to be about weather. Yeeaaah, on second thought, I may have to re-think the "everyday life" thing. We wouldn't want our readers to get jealous of our fabulous "whoop-whoop! throw your hands in the air" life.

PS: In keeping with my new "get-real, get-dirty" blog style, I will have to warn you that stinkin' Blogger won't spell-check anymore so I make no guarantees as to the accuracy of spelling or typing. I'm terrible at both. Maybe, not quite as terrible as I am at grammar. Especially, if it's almost 2 in the morning and I'm high as a kite on Loritab from throwing my back out, like when I decided to comment on this post on Jessica's blog. Can anyone say, "they're" ?! TWICE! Geez.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your blog, even if it IS about every day life. Maybe I'll even be mentioned, because I love being mentioned on other people's blogs. Like real-life references, not just links to a post.

Makes me feel like a superstar. And let's be honest, is is not your #1 goal in life to make me feel like a superstar?

Audrey said...

Glad you liked that read! I am sometime shocked that so many people lurk all around. I would probably be scared if I knew who they all were. Anyway, I am surprised that so many people come to check if my kid has another ear infection or my kids played in the snow, or sat in a chair. I mean really, who cares. For me, my blog is for me. Just like you said, it's a journal, my life and my meager thoughts on line. So, may the everyday occurrences of your life make it on here one way or another. See ya (well not literally, I don't "know" you)

not so zen momma said...

I'll keep on reading!

Anonymous said...

Oh, trust me...I'm sure you'll still manage to be funny.