Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Walk From Obesity Take 2 (2 long that is)

As mentioned in a previous post, Nathan and I signed up to participate in Oklahoma City's first Walk from Obesity. Together with some friends and family, Nathan and I walked around the OKC Zoo (pachyderms and wild cats to be exact) on Saturday morning. I personally had a lot of fun even though it was not that long of a walk. They had a live band and about 75 to 100 walkers. Most of the people were those who had lost weight and their families.

The Blais Belly Busters were in full force with our matching t-shirts. I thought it was funny that the walk was set up much like a marathon. There was a water stop about half way through and when you finished, they offered water and orange slices. I was a little disappointed I didn't receive one of those cool aluminum foil blankets to keep all of my body heat in after my short jaunt, but I guess I will just have to actually RUN a marathon to get one of those. Seeing as that will probably NEVER happen, maybe I can just make my own out of some Reynold's wrap. I could sport it around the house when I get home from walking in the evenings. Sexy!

It was so encouraging to have people around me that I know support me in my battle. I felt so empowered that I have come this far and have no intention of stopping now. It's like a whole new ME! I've never really been this successful at losing weight and keeping to it. It really has become a lifestyle change for me, not just a fad diet. Walking this weekend made me realize that this was a long term fight for my health and for the relationships in my life that are important to me.

As promised, I want to do a few Thank Yous to everyone who supported me. I really appreciate everyone who registered and donated to walk with us and I also appreciate those who gave us my favorite gift of all: M-O-N-E-Y! I want you to know that each and every one of you really showed me how much you care. Hopefully, I'll be able to repay you for the wonderful gift you've given me.

THE BLAIS BELLY BUSTERS TEAM:


Mom: Thank you for encouraging me week after week. Your dedication to your own battle from obesity is so inspiring.

Sue: Your presence at the walk was heart-warming. Knowing that you stand behind me try after try is encouraging. I know that you don't HAVE to be the way you are... you just are. I'm so lucky to have a mother in-law who loves me so much.

Brooke and Derek:
What can I say about the two of you? Your friendship has been such a blessing to our lives. I can't imagine any big event without you being a part of it. Friends like you are a once in a lifetime gift that Nathan and I will never take for granted. Thank you for all of your support in the walk, in my weight loss journey, and in our everyday lives. Nathan and I love you guys more than I can type out.

Van: First of all, you are too cute! You make me want to snuggle with you everyday. You are so lucky to have the parents that you do. Thank you for getting up early and sitting in your walking-briskly-stroller even though crazy Ms. Jacqui was pushing you in circles.

My Husband: I love you so so much. I know that seeing me fail in the past over and over has not been easy for you. I know that you could have given up on me many times when I've told you, "No really, I mean it this time." Thank you for believing in me this ONE LAST TIME. Your unconditional love goes unmatched. I know that you are proud, you tell me everyday. But, what I want you to know is that I am so proud to call you my husband. I am definitely the lucky one. I love you so.

I want to also thank all of my friends and family that so unselfishly gave to my cause:

Jessica and John: Wow! This past couple of years has been so great. Getting to have you join my list of people I love has definitely been MY pleasure. Nathan and I feel so lucky to have the both of you as friends. Thank you so much for encouraging me; except for John and all of his "1 point foods."

Julia: Thank You ! Thank You! Thank You! Your donation meant so much. I know we don't know each other that well, but your support was overwhelming. My biggest donor! You have such a beautiful heart to go along with your beautiful smile (and hair, I'm always jealous of your hair).

Missy:
My Weight Watcher Work Buddy! Say that 5 times fast! Everyday is so much easier knowing that I have you to confide in. Thank you for joining me on this journey. It truly has made a huge difference in my success. I am so happy that you are reaching your goals. You deserve exactly what you give to others: the very best!

Crystal:
You always keep me laughing. Thank you for supporting me. I know it must be tiresome listening to Missy and I day after day. Thanks for putting up with us.

Sandie: Bet you didn't think you'd actually read about yourself on my blog. Well, here you are. Thank you for your donation and also for the uplifting comments at work. It is a great boost to know that others notice my hard work.

Jane and Jim: You guys are the greatest! Thank you for thinking of me. I always know that I have the two of you to count on. You both are such fantastic role models for Nathan and myself. We love you guys so so much.

Brandon: We miss you! It's hard having you so far away. It was such a great surprise to see your name on my honor roll. I'm honored that you thought of me and so thankful to have such a loving brother-in-law.

And just in case you're wondering: Bladcoxerson WW Contest Update #3 : -1.4 lbs. this week to make 2.96% since the beginning of the contest. That dang Brooke is keeping me on my toes.

No comments: