Saturday, October 27, 2007

Committed Switch-over/Abandoned Intuition


Today was the day. I just had to do it. I woke up and it was absolutely frigid in my house. So I had to take the leap. I had to graduate into fall clothes versus my summer attire. Seemingly no big deal, but it's a HUGE deal in the life of a Weight Watcher. This was the week I had to trade my lightweight gauchos in for a pair of beefy jeans before my morning weigh in.

Oh the drama! What will the scale say?! Well it only said a gain of .2 lbs. Thank the Lord! I knew this wasn't a great week for me anyway. I didn't exercise once. And I'm pretty sure the chili cook-off at work and Johnny Carinos all in the same day before weigh-in didn't help my cause. But, I figured, I have to commit to the switchover sometime. Maybe, if I had given up pre-meal bread like Jess, I would have showed a maintain instead of a fraction gain. Nah. It was worth it. Man, I love bread.

But, I figured I have to commit to the switch-over sometime. It's not like I can go all winter wearing breezy gauchos every Saturday. For one, I'll freeze. But the real reason: I just don't want to have to keep up with my summer leg-shaving schedule all year long. Let's be realistic, it's winter. It's cold. I'm white as can be and there is absolutely NO reason for me to wear anything short anyway. As long as I'm not too furry for my husband to stand me, I'm good right? I do the test. If I start to feel a little too much like the cat, then I shave.

Don't judge me! I know I'm not the only one. I've had many a conversations with friends revolving around changing an outfit depending on whether a "ladies" arm-pits would be visible or not. So there. I know I'm not the only one.

Here's the latest Bladcoxerson Weight Loss Contest update for those curious:

Weight loss since the contest started: 14.4 lbs. for 4.6% Fear Me!
Total weight loss since starting W.W : 37.2 lbs for 11.2%

Side note: My WW meeting homework for this week is that I have to do some sort of activity/exercise this week that I've never done before. Any ideas of what I can do? Anybody want to try something new with me? Anybody...Anybody...Bueller...Bueller...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I don't shave my legs in the winter. Sometimes I don't shave in the summer. Mostly because I'm too lazy to bend down in the shower and shave! I thought you got married so you could stop shaving.

Elizabeth said...

Was I supposed to wait to stop shaving until I got married? hmmm... Maybe THAT's why I married the first guy I dated.

not so zen momma said...

I already confessed my hatred of shaving over our last sushi outing. I have to pick clothes per my current stubble situations! If you see me wearing a lot of pants...

Daisy said...

I have a pretty good system when it comes to shaving during the winter. I let it grow until my socks start pulling the hair and I feel like I have a Epi-lady from the 80's in my boots. I wish I had the patience to just let the stuff grow and be a hairy hippie, but I just don't have it in me!

Btw, enjoying the blog (I'm gradually reading into the archives...)!