Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May Day! May Day!

It may be time to channel my inner Police and start sending out an S.O.S. For my blog.

I know I haven't blogged in almost a month, but to be honest, I had ABSOLUTELY nothing to say. Well, I take that back. I had ABSOLUTELY nothing to say the past month that didn't have something to do with:
*the five trips we took to the doctor
*the four medications Anna Jane has been on
*the three pairs of pants that I can no longer fit into
*the two plus twenty thank you cards I need to write and
*the one pan of brownies that I "made for my brother." (Hence the pants that don't fit.)

No. Actually the month of May was crazy busy for the Blais'. We had family in from Maine, a brother-in law graduation, Anna Jane's baptism, Mother's Day, Leave the baby with Liz while Nathan parties for three days weekend, family golf day, Nana's birthday, Sushi Club, Book Club, and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee. Throw in a couple big projects at work and a Human Resources conference and that about rounds out the past 31 days.

The biggest struggle of the month, though, would have to be the unending stream of viruses and other illnesses at our house. Poor Anna Jane has had a virus, an ear infection, the croup, the same ear infection again, and a month-long bout with congestion. Nathan and I expected a lot of illness the first year, but we had no idea that she would only attend daycare about half the time we were actually paying for it. I have to give props to my husband, though, who had to bear the brunt of nursing our little one to health. With no time off built up yet after maternity leave, I had to stick it out at my desk just wishing I could be at home snuggling with sick baby. I think Nathan and I figured up that we may have enough leave time to take a vacation in 2017. Although, if we ever consider having another one, it may be 2034.

We're coming up on Anna Jane's 5 month bday and as usual hope to have all of her stats for anyone interested; mainly her grandparents and the two girls at work who even still read this little blog. In the meantime, enjoy a few pics from the past month.

Because I'm a weirdo, I decided to challenge myself to making all of the picture descriptions start with "M" for May. Yes, I probably should be medicated.


"A Morning Montage"

"Muffin Top"



"Mugshot"

"Monday Night Must-Do"


"MMMMMuah!" (Ya know you wanna kiss my cheeks)


"My mom may never get me into this jacket again pic"

"Meteorology Buddies" (Yes, they are watching a tornado)


"Milestones!" (The first night Nathan & I saw Anna Jane reach for toys.)

"Meeting my Memere from Maine" (That's 3 Ms!)

"Mom and daughter Facebook time"



"My Pepere from Maine"


"My special times with Memere"

2 comments:

debbie said...

the pic of you & anna having facebook time is too precious~

debbie said...

~~the real challenge will be "J" for june!~~