Tuesday, June 16, 2009

4 years!

Dear Nathan,

It's hard to believe that it has only been four years since we promised to be together forever. Most people wonder where the time went. When I look back, I wonder how we have crammed so much into the almost 10 years we've been together. On this, our fourth wedding anniversary, I want you to know that I love you more today than I thought imaginable standing at the altar staring up at you. You are my very best friend and honestly the most understanding person I know. And I know that I'm pretty hard to understand.

Thank you for following my every whim. Thank you for always supporting me when I start something and then quit and then start it again. Thank you for making so much effort to turning our house into the home that it is. Thank you for sticking with me in all of the hard, busy, and stressful times when I know I'm not easy to stick with. Thank you for leaving notes for me and writing poems for me and for switching cars with me so I don't have to put gas in mine. Thank you for always vacuuming and never making me clean the bathrooms. Thank you for making our yard the best on the block. Thank you for paying all of our bills and transferring money in our account since I never can remember our account number. Thank you for staying up late to study and for always calling me on your way home to see if I need anything. Thank you for loving my family. Thank you for giving me the most beautiful gift I could have ever asked for, Anna Jane. Thank you for loving her and talking to her every morning so I can hear her laugh while getting ready for work. Thank you for staying up to give her her last bottle so that I can go to sleep. Thank you being protective of her and researching ways to help her sleep better and eat better. Thank you for secretly planning special times that we can spend together even when we don't have much time. Thank you for my Chi.

Thank you for all of the other joys you have brought to my life over the years. I love you and look forward to another year of things to be thankful for.






6 comments:

Nathan said...

I don't think I can top this post. I love you too. Each year keeps getting better.

Aubrey said...

Congrats!! That is a very sweet post! Sounds like a keeper:) Hope you had a great day today!

not so zen momma said...

Tee hee, those pics are a trip down memory lane. Were we ever that young?

I'm blessed to have you guys in our lives.

jenny said...

LOL ah..the tent story :)!!! You crack me up Lizzy! Congrats on the 4 years!

Charly said...

Happy Anniversary. Your post made me tear up.

debbie said...

girl, you almost made me cry~
so sweet~~~~~