Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To which I responded both times with a simple, Ugh.

Real life convos from last night:

Me: Did you see these invitations for Anna's Baptism?
Nate: Uh huh.
Me: Do you think they're cute? Do you like the yellow?
Nate: Yeah. I told you yesterday that I liked them.
Me: Hmmm. Really? That's funny. Because I just bought them today.
Nate: Oh.
..........

Me (Sunday night): I'm putting the popcorn from Renee's wedding in the same box with the low-fat popcorn. Just letting you know for when you want it.
Nate: Okay.

Nate (Monday night): I'm hungry. What do we have to eat?
Me: Not much. Oh. You can have some of that popcorn from Renee's wedding.
Nate: Good idea! (searching...searching...)
Nate: Where is it?
Me: I'm not telling you.

A friend recommended a book titled, "Listening is an Act of Love". Popcorn and invites aren't really a big deal. But, I am hereby stating on my little blog, so I have witnesses, that I want a Chi hair straightener for Mother's Day. This way I can write my own book titled,"Listening is Overrated. Gifting Expensive Hair Products is the True Act of Love".

2 comments:

not so zen momma said...

I can honestly say the Chi hair straightener is the best consumer product I've bought in the last decade, next to my high-capacity washer and dryer.

The invitation convo made me laugh out loud. Was SportsCenter on?

Charly said...

They only listen when they want to.
I had a CHI for years and then it broke. It was like I lost my best friend or something. I don't care for the new plastic they are using on the Chi's these days. My thin hair always tangles in them. I bought a Baby Bliss and I'm quite satisfied with it....about the same cost though as a Chi.