Friday, December 12, 2008

A Christmas Story, The Response Post

First let me say, WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE CALLING ME OUT ON THEIR BLOGS?!

Where's the Christmas love, people?

Will someone please just let me borrow this freakin' Christmas movie about some kid with a gun and maybe I'll understand what is so significant about the hideous lamp sitting in Jessica's living room? I mean, I know we have slightly different tastes in decor, Jess, but seriously. That thing is gawd-awful.

And Emily. Chick, you just had to give in, didn't you? You're supposed to be the strong one. Now, I have to sign up for yet another thing that is just going to get me in more trouble for not keeping up with to others' liking. Technology is taking over my life. Where do you people find the time for it all?

I think I have come to the conclusion that none of you sleep. You just don't. There's is no way that you can read your book club book, Twitter, blog (on multiple blogs, I might add), Facebook, text constantly, drink Starbucks, shop, wrap gifts, watch your DVR and still have time to work and deal with your children. Mine's not even here yet and I'm worn out already.

Thus readers, I will try my very hardest to meet all of your expectations by the New Year. But this weekend, I'm doing nothing but propping up my freakishly swollen feet (I have to by Crocs, people!) and finally finishing the 913 thank you cards and Christmas newsletters I need to send out. Hmmm... Can you send a Christmas greeting via Twitter or text and it be just as meaningful? I'm sure my Grandmother would understand since she and I are the only people on the entire planet that only use our phones to (gasp) CALL people.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How do we do it? We just do! We text, Facebook, and drink Starbucks while watching DVR and wrapping presents.

And having a cell phone that texts and browses the internet helps, too.

When the salon girls identify you because of your circa 1992 cell phone, that should be the final straw!

not so zen momma said...

I'll give you this, Jessica and I are professional communicators. That means it is part of our profession to Tweet and Facebook.

That said, we want you to join because you are our favorite person to communicate with. Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

And the children? I'm teaching Van to dictate Tweets...

Emily said...

Deal with the children? What are you talking about?