Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tell me lies...Tell me sweet little lies


I've finally recovered from waking up at 4:30 IN THE MORNING! on Saturday to take some friends to the airport for their big vaca. I wish we were going to Cali with them. But, it was totally worth getting up that early to get a good chuckle at watching how Brooke wakes Van up in the morning. Army barracks style comes to mind. But, it was pretty funny. Plus, it makes me very anxious to be able to see how I will wake up our little one of these days. I imagine it will probably be a little more subdued than screaming "Wake Up Jelly Bean!!!"

It was also worth getting up that early to head to WalMart before the weekend rush to look for a new 3-wood to try and improve my golf game. Now, I'm kinda new at the whole hit-a-tiny-ball in-the-small-hole-whole-way-far-away-that-you-can't-even-see thing, but I am starting to see how you can get hooked.

Nathan, John and I showed off our mad skillz in a round a couple weekends ago and I didn't do too too bad. For me, I would say I did pretty darn good. Especially when I out-drove Nathan on two holes and John on one. (They both love when I tell that story at any opportunity.) But, I realized that both times my tee-shot surpassed the "experts," were the times that John (Anderson not Daly; although he thinks otherwise) let me use a couple of his clubs instead of the 9.75 lb mammoth driver that Nathan didn't even want anymore. They don't call it "The Killer Whale" for nothin'. That thing weighs as much as a whale and it will kill your game. And Lord knows I don't need any help to do that.

So, after dropping of the Adcox gang, we went and bought a new Tight Lies 3-wood at WalMart. Score!! It was a $69 club on clearance for $17 bucks. I tested it out at the range and I must say, I AM AWESOME!! I'm pretty sure Nathan was making me use that whale club because he was afraid I was going to start being a better golfer than he is. I guess only time will tell.

I'll get another shot at him when we head to Chickasaw Point near Lake Texoma this weekend for a match with my sister and bro-in-law. Should be fun times. We have to find something fun to do since all of our friends are on the beach or going on cruises and crap like that. Whatever! I have a new 3-wood to go in my super sweet golf bag. It's all about the accessories, ladies.

P.S. I would like to be referred to as Annika from now on. Thank you.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Actually, I will refer to you from now on as Natalie Gulbis.