Friday, June 15, 2007

Enid ALMIGHTY

Although Nathan and I haven't seen the latest release from one of the funniest guys on the planet, Steve Carell, I'm beginning to think that we may need to take notice from the ad clips and start building our own ark. This rain is ridiculous! I know...I know... it's good for the grass and makes for such fascinating evening television at our house, but seriously. This has got to stop.
Without my normal alarm clock stomping on my stomach and shaking her head in the lampshade because she's busy seeking shelter in the dark closet under the shoe-rack, my normal morning routine is all in shambles. Not to mention the wonderfulness that is getting out of the shower right when the power goes out. Oh no big deal... just put the sopping wet hair in a pony-tail, help your husband lift the garage door to get the car out, oh and run to the clothes dryer to try and salvage anything clean that is still damp and cannot be ironed.
Yeah that was F-U-N! Lemme tell ya.


Just stop raining already! Sheesh! I'm TRYING to learn to play golf. And I don't... DO... golf in the rain. Or without a cart and snacks for that matter. But, that's another blog, some other day when I may actually get to go.

And for all of those reading this right now, take mercy on me. I'm just a beginner blogger and am still not convinced I'm interesting enough to pull this off. But I've caved into peer pressure from some friends that tell me "Everyone's doin' it!". So we'll see how it goes. If it doesn't fare well, blame these girls on their blogs here and here. (Be impressed! I just did a link!) (Be NOT impressed! I was not an English major. Deal with it.)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I also have had it with this rain. I wonder if we will be regretting saying that in, say, August, when it is Dust Bowl hot and dry here?

Nah.

Jake said...

Nice blog. I like cats too. You should check out our Oklahoma City Restaurant blog at okcbites.com