Wednesday, August 26, 2009

MaMaMaMaMaMa

This evening has been very...eventful. Nathan flew out this afternoon for an auditor's conference so it was All Girl's Night at the Blais'. Anna Jane fell asleep on the way home and slept right through the move to her crib and me making dinner. After having to wake her up, she ate an entire dish of carrots and surprisingly an entire dish of pears. While she was playing with a new toy from Nana, I was just about done with the dishes when I thought I heard Anna Jane talking. Now, talking at our house is no surprise and Anna "talking" is no surprise either. But this time it sounded different. So I turned off the water and headed to the living room where she was playing. Sure enough she was actually saying something. This was the first time I'd ever heard her say something in syllable form and not just cooing or squealing. I grabbed the Flip, which is awesome btw, and this is what resulted*:



Now, I'm no linguistics expert, but that sounds like MaMa to me. I'm kind of surprised, because Nathan and I have actually been working on "Dada" more. And I also had a hunch she might actually say "Nana" first. Not because we've been practicing, but because my mom promised Anna Jane a big savings account in her name if that was her first word. Apparently, my child can't be bought. Yet.

So after getting the second time she said it on video, we called Daddy to share the good news. Then Anna Jane celebrated her achievement by pooping in the ducky tub. *sigh* Motherhood is a roller coaster. Ups and downs all in a matter of 45 minutes.

*Sorry, for the lengthy intro, but I wanted to remember exactly what we were doing when Anna said her first words. I know. I'm a dork.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yay!! That is sooo awesome! When they say your name it just melts your heart!! LOVE IT!!! So sweet!!

not so zen momma said...

Not a dork, so cute!

That is definitely a momma.

debbie said...

sound like she's trying to say Maine~jk~she's so adorable~