Friday, January 9, 2009

WWYD?...

...23 hours before giving birth?

Well, if it were me, I would host a Sooner watch party. It's only normal, right?
You heard correct! Nathan and I are having our baby TODAY! Thanks to a little thing called pre-eclampsia. It's no wonder why I've felt so bad this past week and a half. I put on 20 lbs (I almost fainted when the nurse told me) of fluid in the past two weeks. I'm pretty sure it's all in my legs and my now Vienna Sausage toes.

After we sucked up the fourth quarter pretty bad errr... I mean after our guests went home, Nathan and I picked up the party remnants, packed the baby's bag, did a couple of loads of laundry, and made a list of things we needed to do today before heading to the hospital this afternoon. And we did it all without one single sarcastic comment towards each other or an argument over whether Nathan should do the responsible thing and go into work super-early this morning for a few hours to wrap up some stuff. (*) (**)

So, I'm off now to pick up a few last minute necessities and then on to get my haircut. 'Cause there is no way I'm missin' that. My girl's kinda hard to get into and let's face it, I wanna be the sexiest thing that that hospital gown has ever seen. We'll update as soon as possible with all the details of our better be a Baby Girl!

(*) If you believe this, you truly don't know us.
(**) I may or may not get my revenge by making him shave the bottom half of my legs that seem impossible to reach at this point.

7 comments:

not so zen momma said...

I'm so excited to meet Anna. Call if you need ANYTHING today.

Emily said...

Jess told me you were having some swelling so I wondered about that. I'll be praying for everything to go wonderfully smooth. Make sure you bring a hair bow to put on Anna's head an hour after she is born.

Elizabeth said...

hairbow...check

Jessica said...

we can't wait! make sure sally knows how important the hair style is today...first impressions last and you want to make sure anna has a great first impression of her mom's fab style!

Daisy said...

Good luck! I hope you have a wonderful delivery, and I can't wait to see pics of the bebe! And you are TOTALLY going to rock that hospital gown with your new stylish 'do!

Aubrey said...

I'm super excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet Anna! I'll be praying for you guys today!!

Audrey said...

Thinking about you today. I hope every goes well. Oh, yeah, that mag for the high blood pressure makes you CRAZY! Sorry, just keeping in real. Let me know if you need specifics. I had pre-eclampsia with both of mine. Fun times!