Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Everything AND The Kitchen Sink


Miss us? Shame on us and our non-blogging for over a week. I do have a good excuse. Fall TV. It's not really a good excuse since in my previous post I mentioned bringing a wonderful DVR into our home. It IS operational and I love it. The whole pausing feature is awesome for evening phone calls from telemarketers since Nathan and I are not totally high tech with a caller - ID. Baby steps.

No, my real excuse is the remodeling of our kitchen. That sounds awfully dramatic seeing as our kitchen is fully functional and unfortunately has not allowed me to get out of cooking dinner. We're actually just in the planning phase of our remodel. It started out as me getting very excited about getting new counter tops. That quickly diminished when it was determined that with new counter tops, comes a new tile back splash. With a new back splash, comes a matching tile floor.

Nathan and I have visited most every tile place in the OKC Metro searching for what I thought would look good; only to end with another color selection that could have been picked out at place number 1 that we started shopping. Live and learn I guess. After the tile selection came the tile contractor selection. Wow! Lemme tell you how enthralling THAT is. Multiple calls and three on-site estimates later, I've determined to suck it up and see what my husband and his side-kick can accomplish without making me just want to pack-up and move.

The contractors did fill us in on some other points to consider during their visits several evenings after work. We not only needed to pick yet another tile and tile design, but we needed to go ahead and pick out a new microwave, dishwasher, sink, and faucet. Sounds fun right? I can see how it would be if you and your husband hadn't worked retail for five years and know how to work the system to find the best deal. While saving a few bucks is always important in the Blais' household, it's consumed every evening and my laptop for a week.

My only saving grace for an end to this madness is that Nathan wants to "hurry up and buy everything Tuesday night." Yes! He wants to put this to an end because he sees that it's stressing me out and I just want a new kitchen already. NO!! The REAL reason slips with a "We're under a moderate risk for severe weather on Wednesday evening." How did my life end up this way?

You should feel sorry for me and pardon my blogger-apathy. I promise I'll make it up to you with lots of pictures about what else we were up to this past weekend. I'll give you a hint. It involves a blue baby's toy and five nimrods in a van crossing the state line. You won't want to miss it!

1 comment:

Derek said...

okay, 4 nimrods maybe but definitely not 5. Van is not old enough to be a nimrod.